Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi John
Can you tell me how much you charge for the Space saver tyre, brace, jack, etc, please? The prices seem to fluctuate greatly.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi the very best price i can do is £189.99 plus £9.99 carriage within the uk .

For
this you would get the Space saver wheel with the correct tyre fitted
to it . The Jack, Wheel Brace ,The hold down clamp and screw and the
safety warning sticker.

I currently just have the 1 made up
for immediate delivery , however i can get more would take approx 48
hours to turn around due to the tyres been like hens teath to get hold
of.

JOhn

·
Registered
70 Posts
Are there delays with getting hold of the correct tyre. My dealership promised me mine as a goodwill gesture in October as my gearbox went with 576 miles on it. I have been waiting since then for it. The jack etc was delivered in parts apparently during November and December, they say that they have the wheel but no tyre. Am I being fobbed off?? Have you had problems getting hold of any of the parts for the space saver?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi
Back end of last year it was all most imposible to get all the bits required from Nissan , This is no longer the case and are as a rule in stock at nissan even if your dealer doesnt keep them on the shelf. Nissan opperate a dailey stock order so at worst it would take a dealer 48 hours to get the bits provoding Lutterworth has them in at time of ordering.The tyres are becoming a problem but uve managed to get 8 in the last week without to much problem .If i was you i would give them a call to see what is happening and if your still been fobbed off let me know and i will check stocks for you in the factoey and the major tyre wholesalers in the uk this will give you a better idea .

JOhn

·
Registered
70 Posts
Many thanks for this. I will give them a ring this afternoon and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well, I phoned them. Have counted to ten. Still say not got any wheels and having problems accessing them. I politely mentioned the forum and my concern at the delay and was promptly put in my place! I am due to ring back again tomorrow to speak to the person in charge of the service dept with the hope that he may shed more light on things!

I am sure after havinga car breakdown after 3 weeks, the gearbox being replaced and the offer from the salesperson of this spare as a gesture of goodwill they would have tried to speed things up a little or at least been polite to me.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I am appalled at the bad manners of some dealers, and, if I ever have a similar problem, I will record the conversation as audio, and email it to Nissan Customer Services. If that doesn't work, there is always Trading Standards, YouTube, local radio and television, local newspapers etc.

Don't let these people intimidate you, THEY have your money, THEY are your servants.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Im Just going to check stocks now , As ive had no problems getting the parts from nissan for a while but i will go through the ordering process now .

Ill be back

JOhn

·
Registered
433 Posts
Im Back , There is plenty of stock at the factory (Double Figures+ on each of the 7 Different part numbers) also the leading tyre distrubuter in the uk has (Double Figures +) on the 135/90/R16 conti space saver tyre that you would require.
Figures correct as 16.05pm 14/2/11

JOhn

·
Registered
433 Posts
I really wish some Dealers would be honest , and up front as they give us all a bad name and really some of us do try our up most and customer care is top of out list .

Sometimes mistakes do happen after all everyones human , but honesty and comman courtesy with the customer is always the best policy.

JOhn

·
Registered
70 Posts
Many thanks for this John. I will see what they have to say tomorrow. The chap I spoke to today was equally short tempered when I phoned up to ask if my Juke had arrived safely courtesy of the RAC back in October. I was told at the time no one would be looking at it until all the other jobs had been finished end of!

You are restoring my faith.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Well said, John, you've always been our version of 'Honest John'

Are dealers (present company excepted) felt to be more likely to try to 'fob women off'?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi John, I've chased my dealership again ref a callback on the space saver. Crumbs there is one grumpy man in their workshop, its all he can do to be civil to me. Anyway, dont be surprised if someone calls you ref the tyre information. I did confirm the information to you and I was trying to act as a go between but they dont really believe what I am telling them.

My next task is to write to Nissan GB and politely give them my view on customer service!

·
Registered
433 Posts
No problems at all , if he calls me i will gladdley tell him the part numbers and even where he can purchase them from to try and help you out.

JOhn

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry to be a nuisance but not heard a peep from my dealership re my space saver, I dont suppose you have had any calls from them?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi 2wink,My dealer in Lancashire advised me that a space saver plus all the kit would be "aprox" £215 plus vat? But can not give me any idea when they would be available ........something to do with getting hold of the Tyre

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi 2wink ,
Sorry ive heard nothing from your dealer , and as ive said before if thay contact me i would be more than happy to help them with any info etc

JOhn

1 - 17 of 17 Posts