Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's probably been discussed before, but does anyone know how much the space saver tyre is for the juke please?
Hopefully I will get my Juke next weekend, but I want to know before I pick it up so I can maybe get it put in by the dealer.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Space saver kit which includes wheel, tyre, jack, brace etc costs £184 inclusive. You won't find one at your dealer though because they are ordered in from Holland!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
they come with and inflation kit but once used tyre is scrap
the part numbers are listed on forum somehwere I believe what was possbly mean't by holland is the rubber as all the other parts are Nissan sourced but tyres are an issue even my tyre dealer can't get hold of the correct size.
I purchased a QQ space saver for mine off ebay £45 all in got a jack from x trail job done in the boot

·
Registered
18 Posts
My level of annoyance has gone up a few notches re the 'no spare' with my Juke; yes, I knew it didn't come with one - despite being their so-called, 'top of the range model' - however, my real surprise, when finding a screw in my rear near-side, was the reveal that there's no jack, no wheel brace.The tyre can't have the gunk machine used as the screw is in the wall and rendered the tyre unrepairable (less than 500 miles on a tyre, you can guess I was in yard dog mode); however, to then find a locking wheel nut, but no brace or jack, was not a pleasant surprise. We have 4 other vehicles at home, not one of the wheel braces fit the nuts on the Juke. I had to use the RAC cover (how embaressing for a flat flippin tyre) just so I could get the wheel off to take to have a new one fitted (RAC guy told me the brace is 21 mil).
From other comments on the forum, I understand that this is a dealer request to supply with the spacesaver, jack, rod etc., for example an owner in Malta has the whole kit in their Juke supplied from new by their dealer., they too have the same C02 tax to comply with, so nothing to do with that.

So, at £184 being the best price, so far, for spacesaver wheel with tyre, jack, rod, brace etc., I'm im on the hunt for a supplier other than the dealer with a better price.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ordena said:
From other comments on the forum, I understand that this is a dealer request to supply with the spacesaver, jack, rod etc., for example an owner in Malta has the whole kit in their Juke supplied from new by their dealer., they too have the same C02 tax to comply with, so nothing to do with that.
But it's the law in Europe to come with that stuff I think

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I asked my dealer to give me a price today and was quoted £215.04!!!!!!

Also looking for a cheaper deal!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
PompeyDel said:
I asked my dealer to give me a price today and was quoted £215.04!!!!!!

Also looking for a cheaper deal!
thats wrong and way over top I am sure it has been covered lots before and is around £187 all in

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just sent a PM to Nissan to ask why they just don't supply it as standard and why it is so expensive anyway.

·
Registered
272 Posts
ordered mine when i ordered the car it cost me £119 that was before vat went up though.

Hi Billybob - my dealer just told me spare plus all the "bits" is "aprox" £221
but could be a delay problem because of getting hold of the tyre !!Did you order yours from your dealer?

·
Registered
93 Posts
In the uk, when the dealer delivered the juke, they don't give you a spare wheel and the jack? Here in Malta, I was supplied by a full size tyre and the jack as well.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yep ... we surely do
!!

Will check it out and post pics of it, as I don't think its a full size tyre though.
Edited by: lorrfal

·
Registered
93 Posts
When I said a full size tyre, I didn't mean a tyre with the alloy wheel, but the size is a 16" inch tyre.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts