Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Well by the time I finish typing this it will be 2011! So Happy New Year!

If you havent made a New Years resolution yet, maybe you could consider becoming an organ donor & carrying the card, so to speak. Its easy to do & now you can register online, making it a lot more simple.

You never realise what it means until someone you love becomes ill. It effects all people from all walks of life, even children & babies. One peron can easily save & make the lives of 6 people.

Go on, make a difference.

Thank you for reading & apologies for getting on my soap box, but if only 1 person signs from this message it was worth it. It is a cause extremely close to my heart.

Enough said! Happy New Year folks!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think thats a bit below the belt!

But seriously, it is a very worthwhile & good thing to do.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Agreed.It is a worthwhile cause and I didn't mean to cause you offence sallyspud, but this site is always full of good humoured banter and one liners.I take it your1st sentance wasn't a pun,then?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have been signed up since day one. It costs nothing either money wise or practically but, makes all the difference to someone.Good on you Sally.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JUKEOFYORK said:
Agreed.It is a worthwhile cause and I didn't mean to cause you offence sallyspud, but this site is always full of good humoured banter and one liners.I take it your1st sentance wasn't a pun,then?
It was a pun! Sorry my humour is a bit dry, meaning the organ below the belt!

No offence taken, it is nice on this site, it makes me laugh & then everyone gets involved & lets face it the more people getting involved the more people that will read this post!

Keep em coming!
Happy New Year!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jukeofhazard said:
sallyspud said:
I think thats a bit below the belt!

I reckon about a foot below the belt Sally

Yes a very worthy cause joking apart,I will give it some thought.
Cheers, you get me

Thanks for your kind words too

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dougal said:
I have been signed up since day one. It costs nothing either money wise or practically but, makes all the difference to someone.
Good on you Sally.
Good on you Dougal, I like your thinking! Noone likes to think of the end, but I signed up & just dont think about it!

Happy New Year

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just signed up online Sallyspud.

I just hope they dont need anything soon - I at least plan on finishing typing this sente...

Seriously, it took 30 secs to sign up, so why not? Im a grippy Yorkshireman whos married to a Jock, so if I can give something away, anyone can!!!

Andy

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good on you andytran & thankyou. You have made my year already. It is a very special thing you have done.

Happy New Year

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Good for you for bringing this to the forum
I have always been an organ donor and my young son aged 9 told me a couple of months ago that he wanted to help other kids too so bless him although he has signed nothing - He has given me and his Dad consent for his organs too., should the inevitable happen - brave boy.

God forbid something was to happen but you just never know...... it could be you!!

Big hugs

Fee x

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Fi,
It is close to my heart as unfortunately I fell ill myself 10 years ago. I was lucky though, after 4 years on dialysis my dad donated one of his kidneys to me. The last 6 years have been the best for a long time.
I was lucky, others have to rely on organ donors & it only when you become so ill that you realise & find out about things.
Big hugs Sal

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Phew.... Thats good news that things went your way Sally. I have a works colleague who was on dialysis for years and who is now doing well after a transplant.

Another colleague is awaiting a transplant and on dialysis 4 times a week. A nightmare in this appalling weather...

All the very best to you - Keep well!!!

Fee x

1 - 17 of 17 Posts