Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot believe it! Someone ran in to the back of my baby Juke today. I was stopped at traffic lights and an Audi convertible driver ran in the back of me.

Her excuse was that she was too busy looking at my car and forgot to brake!

Only a bit of damage to the back bumper that her insurance are going to sort out but still heartbreaking that my 9 day old car is damaged.

·
Registered
144 Posts
- Audi convertible - say no more - sorry to hear that your new juke has been damaged

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
make sure you take it to an approved repairer for proper evaluation of damage even though it make look like just the bumper it may have other damage you can't see
really sorry to hear about it thats the second member on here that has been rear ended with a couple of days of ownership.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't far from the dealership and they checked it out. To be fair she was only going about 5 miles an hour and forgot to brake.

Still sad to see my perfect little car damaged.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hudson - I am so so sorry to hear of your shunt!!! - Absolute nightmare.. Just as DEKS said make sure you get them to check the inside of the bootwell. My 4 day old Qashqai as rear ended and it didnt look much but because of the crumple zone in the boot - Ended up costing 7k to repair!!!!

Good luck to you

It the other idiots you have to watch out for..... hope this is sorted pronto

Fee x

·
Registered
206 Posts
How can you forget to brake??
What a numpty she must be

·
Registered
659 Posts
Forgot to brake!

Beggars belief. Poor you. That stinks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The same thing has just happened to our 5 day old Juke. A stupid person reversed into the car while trying to park - I was stationery but had nowhere to go!
She said " I wasn't looking where I was going, but I have protected no claims so I am OK!!!"
GRRRRR..........................

·
Registered
873 Posts
The same thing happened to me - I was stopped at a junction, and the car behind me thought I had moved (the person next to me had pulled forward but I hadn't) and he went straight into the back of me.

Mine is mostly sorted now but needs 1 more trip to the garage - 1 bit of trim needed to go on backorder so couldn't be replaced the first time around, but hopefully will all be over soon.

Take the tray out the boot and check the back panel - on mine the fog light had been pushed into the rear panel of the boot and created 2 small bumps where the edges of the foglight are.

I think due to the body of the juke being quite high compared to most cars it tends to damage the bit of trim and bumper and not a lot else for low speed collisions - an advantage!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Soo sorry to hear this! Although amajor inconvenience at least it was an insured driver who is at fault and it will get fixed at their expence. It could have been alot worse so thank God it wasn't. Still a little bit worrying tha people are soo distracted by a Juke that they just crash into it, but they are beautiful motors afterall. Hope it gets sorted asap!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My little baby is being collected on Tuesday to be repaired, just dreading what courtesy car I will end up with!

Thank you all for your kind words

Linda x

·
Registered
873 Posts
I had a Golf GT Sport for a couple of days which was fine. Missed all the technology though!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
So many wounded Jukes already.That's sad.That's the last thing we need after the hassle we've got trying to get them in the first place.When I get mine and am stopping at lights or in traffic I'll be nervously glancing at in my rear view mirror wondering if the car behind is going to stop.

·
Registered
202 Posts
JUKEOFYORK said:
So many wounded Jukes already.That's sad.That's the last thing we need after the hassle we've got trying to get them in the first place.When I get mine and am stopping at lights or in traffic I'll be nervously glancing at in my rear view mirror wondering if the car behind is going to stop.

I did all that & still had my windscreen damaged whilst parked in a public car park!!
Luckily it's only taken two weeks to get the screen and Autoglass have been fantastic and are coming out tomorrow to replace the screen.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Ahh AGLimages, those tractor boys can be a bit frisky at times.Must have been heartbreaking to return to find that.Just clicked on your link to savour your dashboard photos.How sad am I ,but I find myself looking longingly at photos like that.I'm going to look at your Kemble photos next.Was stationed there for 18 months whilst part of dead sparrows ground crew.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts