Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come you can have an old car for years and years and nobody bashes their car door into your car door ? But then you get a nice shiny new car, park it at the sports centre and then the next day notice a blue scratch and slight dent on your red car door

Anyway haven't been on this forum for a few months and see there have been lots of changes and lots of additions. Surprised to see some people have got rid of their Juke's already but haven't had time to go through posts to see why.

Still loving my Juke

·
Registered
130 Posts
I still park mine on its own, even if it means an extra 2 minutes walk to enter the supermarket!

Duncs

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Shame this still happens that some incompetent fool can't park and is ignorant where they won't own up to their mistake and pay for it.Has the sport centre got CCTV. Might be worth following it up.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I know how you feel. Happened to me with my previous car 2 days after I bought it.
I too spend extra time now looking for a nice big parking space away from the masses and keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Sarah - Sorry to hear that - its soooo annoying!!!

WHat gets me is tat people just walk away as if nothing happened. It might not appear as bad if they even left a phone number to make an effort to fix it....

Hope you get it all sorted

Fee x

·
Registered
171 Posts
Rocks703 said:
Shame this still happens that some incompetent fool can't park and is ignorant where they won't own up to their mistake and pay for it.Has the sport centre got CCTV. Might be worth following it up.
Completely agree! Most carparks have some sort of CCTV, dont be afraid to march into the sports centre and demand they check.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Isn't it annoying when that happens. It happened more than once to me with my old car and I'm sure it will happen to Rory Juke. Sadly nowadays many people seem to think that bashing their door into the neighbouring car is as if nothing and not a problem.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I avoid supermarket car parks like the plague.

They arehellish for picking up dings and scratches. I wouldn't necessarily blame the people that damage the cars. Thereare so many possibilities fortrolleys, mums with kids, coffin dodgers, carrier bags etc. to whack into your car, that sooner or later something's going to happen.
What you need to do is eliminate the possibility of this happening. Always park away from the space close to the entrance. This removes people scraping past with sharp edged bags and trolleys. A back wall if you can. If you have to walk for a minute, then it's worth it in the long run.Although it really infuriates me when I've parked absolutely miles from anyone and you come out and someone has parked next to you.
It shouldn't but it does!

I personally don't go at peak times. This is probably when the most damage is done. I only go to ASDA after 9pm for example.

Always park next to (if you have to) nice cars. Cause they usually will respect yours. Most people who do the damage drive buckets...

Follow these simple rules and you'll save ££££ on repairs.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
JOY is probably an expert at supermarket car parks as he spends so much time at a particular one, so will probably agree with you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts