Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'll check tommorrow. But before I do where do I look to find out?

·
Registered
873 Posts
...you mean Oldest Juke?

Which bit of the whole chassis number is the serial number?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I think the last 6 numbers
You can find it on theright side of the car when you open te front door, sowhere there on the car you see the sticker. That is for the LHD models, maybe the RHD models is on the other side

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
could i please warn against people posting their chassis number on an open forum
this can have the same consequence as your reg no or any other security info
part no ok but DO NOT put your complete chassis number on here
remember parts of number are the same on all cars so if you give out all the numbers the rest can be worked out

·
Registered
754 Posts
deks36 said:
could i please warn against people posting their chassis number on an open forum
this can have the same consequence as your reg no or any other security info
part no ok but DO NOT put your complete chassis number on here
remember parts of number are the same on all cars so if you give out all the numbers the rest can be worked out
Good advice, though I see that people have already posted pics of their reg no.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
reg no is one thing to add your chassis no is an open invitation,
have to say i am not to good on hiding reg no when i post pics.

·
Registered
754 Posts
When a speeding fine lands on your door mat, you'll know its from someone seeing a pic of your car on the net and copying your number plate. (or at least that is what you can tell the judge.)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can't understand why it's a risk showing your reg number in a photo, when everyone can see it parked outside your house? Am I missing something blindingly obvious (it wouldn't be the first time)?

·
Registered
455 Posts
They come off the line in Chassis Number order.
If you've got the Juke I rode in on the production line at Sunderland on launch day, (26 Aug) I'll buy it from you! (Chassis No ended 002444)
This one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/getjukeduk/4928887089/in/[email protected]

http://www.flickr.com/groups/[email protected]/pool/page5/

If you've got one with a chassisNo in the 2400s it was made 26 Aug and some of us probably saw it being made!

if you've got a Juke with a chassis number LOWER than 2000, your car is somewhere here inmy {Aug 26} Distribution centre photos :)

http://www.jukeownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62&PN=3

;)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
jukes said:
I can't understand why it's a risk showing your reg number
in a photo, when everyone can see it parked outside your house? Am I
missing something blindingly obvious (it wouldn't be the first time)?

Yes people see you number plate go off get a set made up to your number stick it on their car drive around as they please and an infractions will come back to you as the registered keeper of that plate
admittedly they can do that by seeing it in the flesh but its just advisebaly on the net to obscure you plate

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
455 Posts
Most of you will have a chassis number between 1000 and 20000
maybe just tell us the chassis number of yours to the nearest hundred or the nearest thousand?
:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
deks36 said:
admittedly they can do that by seeing it in the flesh but its just advisebaly on the net to obscure you plate
But why? You've just negated your own reasoning!

Can you provide any evidence that putting a photo on the internet is worse than someone seeing itfor real?

And assuming you're implying that if someone nicks a Juke (or commits a crime whilst driving one) and needs an iffy plate, do you really think they're going to google the Juke owners club for some reg nos and chassis numbers or just take any old plate from any car they see on the road? Or drive past their nearerst Nissan dealer maybe?

It's simpleparanoia, IMO.

·
Registered
455 Posts
nissanjukebox said:
KevInJuke said:
Most of you will have a chassis number between 1000 and 20000
maybe just tell us the chassis number of yours to the nearest hundred or the nearest thousand?
:)
just passed the 2000 and 3000is mine ;)

Is your chassis number lower than 2400 nissanjukebox?
If so, here are the Left Hand Drive Jukes chassis number LESS THAN approx 2400;

Left hand drive ones are kept in a different part {the export part} of the Sunderland distribution centre.

.....and if anyone has chassis no 002476, I confess tohaving some sneaky shots of its spec sheet while it was on the production line:

·
Registered
754 Posts
ctrollen said:
deks36 said:
But why? You've just negated your own reasoning!

Can you provide any evidence that putting a photo on the internet is worse than someone seeing itfor real?

And assuming you're implying that if someone nicks a Juke (or commits a crime whilst driving one) and needs an iffy plate, do you really think they're going to google the Juke owners club for some reg nos and chassis numbers or just take any old plate from any car they see on the road? Or drive past their nearerst Nissan dealer maybe?

It's simpleparanoia, IMO.
So someone nicks a Juke to order, lets say. They want to remain undetected for as long as possible. So rather than stick any old plate on it, they find on the net a pic of another juke that colour matches. Put those plates on the stolen juke and that gives them longer before they are caught on the police number plate recognition cameras.
Just because you are not paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you!

·
Registered
164 Posts
silverjuke said:
So someone nicks a Juke to order, lets say. They want to remain undetected for as long as possible. So rather than stick any old plate on it, they find on the net a pic of another juke that colour matches. Put those plates on the stolen juke and that gives them longer before they are caught on the police number plate recognition cameras.
Yes, they could do that.

But that didn't answer my question:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I cant believe a simple heads and stay secure has turned into this,
simple you have a choice either hide you plate or dont.
you may or maynot become the victim of crime my original post was about advertising your chassis number and i stand by what i said.
another scenario although i suspect you will call this hogwash aswell,
you post you chassis number up then later on you photo your car on the net
car thief comes along sees both sets of details goes out nicks a juke then clones it to your id
then we have 2 cars running around with same id.
it happens trust me, id's are readily available on the net
a simple solution proctect yourself that is all i said and yes sometime i don't take my own advice
but i would never leave my chassis number on an open forum which takes us back to my original post
thank you

Edited by: deks36

1 - 20 of 41 Posts