Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I know its a bit late in the day to think about snow tyres as they are more expensive than gold at the moment.

However, Im trying to find more information on the options available for next year?

I mean, sourcing some steel wheels or old alloys and putting snow tyres on them.

Question is, what options are there for wheel/tyre size?

I mean, anyone know the ET, Offset, PCD of the Juke? What other models wheels fit? Any other manufacturers wheels fit?

Maybe worth thinking about for the summer once prices come down a bit!

Andy

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
andytran said:
p.s Yes I know its a matter of taste, but to me, almost every body accessory for the Juke looks plain awful!
be careful what wheels you fit they may just not suit the Juke
best stick to the standard ones with winter tyres

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just get the Tyres and swap them around every winterand spring?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I heard that some insurance companies are treating snow/winter tyres as a modification (!) and charging upto £200. Not all, but obviously some companies are cowboys who'll do anything to grab a few extra quid or find a reason not to pay out

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
chris78 said:
I heard that some insurance companies are treating snow/winter tyres as a modification (!) and charging upto £200. Not all, but obviously some companies are cowboys who'll do anything to grab a few extra quid or find a reason not to pay out
I for one would be happy to challenge any insurance company in court on that one, if its EU approved rubber they have no legal right to charge you more for using it its your right to fit suitable tyres on your car.I would even go as far as to say I suspect wht them insurance companies are doing is illegal
like many other practices they do

·
Registered
575 Posts
Don't disagree with you Deks. I think it was on the radio I heard it and they had a rep from the ABI on and were giving them a right grilling and had them tied up in knots. Presumably it means if I change to Pirellis in the future, its a mod?
Just putting it out there as a warning to anything thinking of winter tyres

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
i got that chris wasn't refering to you and yes you will defo have to tell the insurance company if you change brands its a modification. like you said they are just trying it on I hate insurance companies
legalised conmen worse than rich bankers

·
Registered
88 Posts
Andy. I bought a new set of wheels from Halford, albeit I went armed with the offsets, hole centres etc, they just needed the car registration. There are some pictures in the gallery of my wheels. I opted for the new wheels as opposed to changing the tyres twice a year for convenience. I can now change the wheels whenever it suits me, as opposed to having them on for several months and there being no snow or extreme cold weather. Personal choice.

When I insured the car I explained my plan to fit new wheels and tyres, the broker (for Zurich) subsequently told me it would not be a problem, the only thing they asked about was whether I had a spoiler????. I agree with deks and would we willing to challenge the insurance company, my defence being that I had spent several hundred pounds making my car safer for both myself and other road users, and reducing the risk of making a claim. The fact that many European countries make it compulsory to use winter tyres and after all we are part of the EU.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just a thought - can anyone tell me why I am getting this little bit of html code showing everytime I copy something into the Post text area?
Thanks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Don't know what all the fuss is about, I'm with direct line and told them I was putting them on and changing every year, not a problem and the person on the end of the phone said wish everyone could do that, would reduce accident and claims in the winter

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts