Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I put a thread up earlier that Hudson commented on suggesting you could fit these to your car in bad weather.

So to make it easier for people to revert to i have put the link to the site and size charts below

I have knowledge of these item though am considering them as previous i had never heard of such a thing but another member rates them so their you go

http://www.rockshore.uk.com/snow-socks-by-multi-grip-269-p.asp

http://www.rockshore.uk.com/ekmps/shops/rockshore/resources/Products/snowsocks-app.jpg

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
206 Posts
Am I right in saying that my car (diesel acenta premium) has 215/55 R17 tyres therefore I'd need to buy MGRIP85 socks?
I'm seriously considering this as the snow up here is pretty bad already.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You are correct Marie.

And if you dont like the yellow www.autosock.co.uk are slightly more understated!Edited by: Hudson

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've ordered them

Could do with them today, its a whiteout up here!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I could have done with those yesterday! The roads were shocking round here with cars flying off the road everywhere.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Marie - What size did you finally order - I'm going to order too as snow here too but itll be nowhere as bad as you I shouldn't think.

Should be hellish for the next fortnight - oh happy day

Anyone know if they are still effective on roads that are treated with salt os should I be removing them before driving on treated roads that aren't covered in snow i.e slushy

Fee x

·
Registered
754 Posts
Fee, at worst they will wear out quicker. Given that you can't stop the car and continually take them off and on, its probably better to keep them on in the bad weather.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm just a little nervous of putting them on the front wheels on my 2WD. Will the back wheels spin and the car slide?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
would just like to say this is clearly a very popular item and would like to thank hudson for her intial advice and guidance to the items

·
Registered
754 Posts
12Inchmick said:
The back wheels won't spin only the front drive wheels would. It's the drive wheels you need the grip on to get you through, don't worry.......... the back wheels will follow.
Thanks, I may get some of hubby's BMW - it can't cope in more than an inch of snow.
RWD, so I know its for the back wheels.

·
Registered
754 Posts
deks36 said:
would just like to say this is clearly a very popular item and would like to thank hudson for her intial advice and guidance to the items
Seconded.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Fee, I ordered MGRIP85

I will give an update of what they're like to use when I try them out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
Hudson

Your link led me to a data solutions company??????

Hi Fee

I think we have crashed the server! There is now a page up saying normal service will resume on Monday. You can order Autosocks online at http://www.roofbox.co.uk

·
Registered
113 Posts
silverjuke said:
deks36 said:
Seconded.
Ah shucks
My pleasure, hope you find them as useful as I have.

I am glad to be able to contribute to such a fab owners forum

1 - 20 of 85 Posts