Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just picked up my new JUKE SL about 2 hours ago. I got it home and parked it in the driveway so that I could play around with the Navigation System and stereo, etc. It was chilly so I turned the heat up and the fan on high and thena lot and I do mean a lot of smoke or steam started boiling out from under the hood. I got out and it really did not have a odor - just maybe a slight odor and I could hear bubbling water. Please someone tell me that this is just because it's new and not something wrong. But my gut feeling is that it should not be doing this new or not. I've got to go back to the dealer tomorrow and finish up some paper work so I'll show it to them then. This is my first Nissan and I hope that I don't end up regretting it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
There's something wrong there get it checked out first by the dealer asap

·
Registered
484 Posts
Someone else on here had an overheat problem. Turned out there was a part missing... temperature sensor / switch or something. Get it checked out ASAP.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
It's a no brainer, make the dealer send a mechanic to you.

If they decide to drive it back to the shop, it's their responsibility.

·
Registered
561 Posts
dont drive with it anymore, ask for help from the garage, did you check the temp on the dashboard?
You can check also unther the hood (VERY IMPORTANT, WHEN THE ENGINE IS OFF AND THE CAR IS COLD otherwise you can burn yourself badly) if there is a buttom on the reservoir of the radiator.
Sorry for my english but i am Belgian

grtz

Dirk

·
Registered
540 Posts
Sounds like the radiator cap or reservoir cap has come loose but, call the dealer or at least the RAC. That's what you have paid good money for.Probably, hopefully something simple and silly but, very inconvenient for you of course.Keep us posted.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Do the RAC go out to Alabama USA

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I took the JUKE back to the dealer today to the service department and they tried and tried to get it to do it again and of course - it purred like a kitten and no smoke and no steam. The tech told me that he was 99% sure that when the service dept. detailed it when it came in - there is a cleaning solution that is used and it becomes backed up into something (that I can't remember what he said) and when you turn the heat on it burns the solution out and that they should have done it before it was released to me so that it would not send me into a panic. And it's working great now. The weather is terrible here right now but I plan on taking some pics to post by this weekend.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
colormeblue said:
Hi, I just picked up my new JUKE SL about 2 hours ago. I got it home and parked it in the driveway so that I could play around with the Navigation System and stereo, etc. It was chilly so I turned the heat up and the fan on high and thena lot and I do mean a lot of smoke or steam started boiling out from under the hood. I got out and it really did not have a odor - just maybe a slight odor and I could hear bubbling water. Please someone tell me that this is just because it's new and not something wrong. But my gut feeling is that it should not be doing this new or not. I've got to go back to the dealer tomorrow and finish up some paper work so I'll show it to them then. This is my first Nissan and I hope that I don't end up regretting it.
jµke said:
Thats great news
Keep checking your temp for a while to be sure and the most of all enjoy</font>!!!!

grtz

Dirk
I think we will all be watching the gauge for a while..................

12inch

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
[/QUOTE]

I think we will all be watching the gauge for a while..................

12inch
[/QUOTE]

You won't need long to watch the fuel Gauge it empties really quicky,
especially in the so called fuel efficent diesel.

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
561 Posts
Is it still that bad deks?
@ ****, Yes indeed, with a new car i always do that anyway.
A friend of mine got his new car and there was no oil in it (Mercedes btw). They gave him an upgrade.

grtz

Dirk

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
jµke said:
A friend of mine got his new car and there was no oil in it (Mercedes btw). They gave him an upgrade.

grtz

Dirk
last tank average by measurement not computer was 32 mpg local work
off on a 120 mile run shortly so will see what average is when i get back

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
deks36 said:
jµke said:

grtz

Dirk
last tank average by measurement not computer was 32 mpg local work
off on a 120 mile run shortly so will see what average is when i get back
Taking lots of cash with you I guess................

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

I picked up my car 5 weeks ago and i experienced smoke coming from my engine accompanied with a burning smell i can only describe as one similar to a smell as if i had cooked the brakes.

The smoke was coming from the back of the engine 1.5DCI around the area that (forgive my lack of techinical knowledge) the large silver pipe goes over the top on the main engine block and behind.

The smoke was whisping and lasted about 15-20 minutes. I called out Roadside assist all be it several hours later ant they checked it but could not detect the smoke. There was a feint burning smell and the mechanic advised me to get the dealer to check some cort or correcgated valve which is part of the exhaust refiletring system. The dealer did check the car over and Nissan Customer services were slao involved. their technical department contated the deal and instructed them to check a whole host of possibilities and nothing was found.

I was advised that it may have been wax oil or a coating that is usually found on some parts just burning off. The dealer did clean off some of the wax oil from my exhaust under the engine and to date thankfully the smoke has not returned.

Still not happy with the car for unrelated matters

1 - 20 of 20 Posts