Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jumping up and down with excitement because I'm getting my wheels powercoated smoke grey to match the gunmetal body in a fortnight. I really wanted it done before Gaydon but wasn't sure whether the garage could fit me in that soon. fortunately my lovely fiance Boss Hogg went down there today and twisted some arms. Can't wait

·
Registered
167 Posts
wow will look forward to seeing that, how much?

park next to me :) gunmetallics together

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
£220 which includes them dismantling and replacing the tyres/wheels so I think that's a cool price because it's their responsibility to get the alloys back onto the car without scratching the new paintwork. Apparently I just leave the car with them for the day and collect it that night all done and ready to go.

·
Registered
309 Posts
that will be interesting to see...looking forward to it

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Who's doing the work? I'd like to black mine to match the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apparently the normal price of this garage is even more - £75 per corner for a naked wheel. Fortunately they're clients of Boss Hogg so are doing a special deal for him/me - oh and more excitingly are now offering to do them next Wednesday!! I'll post a piccie as soon as they are done.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I have asked my dealer the same question.
How much to powercoat the wheels.
hasnt come back with a price yet but says ill get about 2 or 3 different options dpending on colout. matt black. shiny black or pearlesent black ect. also they could colour code the wheel to match my back spoiler lol.

Will let yall know how much they wanna charge me.
This would be done but the onsite company at the dealers
(different company but do all the dealers body and paint work)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Boss Hogg has <strike>intimidated</strike> spoken to the garage and they have agreed to offer a £275 price to any member of this forum only for 4 x 17" alloy powdercoating inclusive of wheel/tyre removal and refitting in any standard colour. They say they can do any colour but there could be an excess of £10-15 if someone wanted a particularly bizarre colour. The garage is based in Birmingham and would need the car for a whole day. If anyone is interested they need to PM me and I'll then pass your details to the garage to get you the special price.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Got a call from my dealer today with a quote by the onisite body shop.
They say that powdercoating is normaly used to repair alloys but they will paint the wheels either in shiny black or matt black for £300 and would need te car for about 2 days!!!

I feel a little gutted lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Photos of the wheels posted in the gallery section. Photos are a bit pants but in reality it looks pretty darn cool. Money well spent

1 - 12 of 12 Posts