Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm new to this forum, so bear with me. I have received a call from my nissan dealership saying my new 1.6 Tekna is arriving with them today, so you think i'd be happy - wrong!! he has asked me to come in to sign all my finance documents this weekend, then said I can I have my car one day next week..

I have never had this happen to me before, as in the past I have signed all the finance info on the day of picking the car up. He tells me that this is something they do to ensure the funds are in their account upon collection.

Has anyone else had to this this.

I'm also having problems with them taxing the car, I've swapped my insurance over as from tomorrow and got my insurance company to fax a cover note to them, he now tells me that this isn't sufficent and that he needs the certificate .. which I won't get until next week!! Can't they just tax it through the dealership??

Sorry for all the questions. Hope someone can help.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Hi Welcome to the forum sadly this does now seem to be the case with Nissan finance it came into effect late last year early this year even though finance is approved apparently now it all has to be signed of and sent to RCI before car can be released

As for road tax dealers are required by law to see your insurance details they cannot legally tax it on their documents as the vehicle wil be in your name although I dont understand why the faxed certificate is not acceptable it usually is maybe ask him why not and liase with Insurance company to resolve it. If its a big dealer they will be able to do it when you get their to collect as many dealers now have direct access to tax and V5 applications

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
as far as im aware yes (to the second part)
They should tax it through the dealership and i think u get 7 days free insurance through the dealer as well. This 7 days is to allow you to sort out your own insurance.
Me and the Mrs have always signed the finance documents on the day we collect the car. not before.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Seems things have chnged. my last new car was 3 years back lol :D
Hope you get it sorted real quick and start enjoying the drive

·
Registered
104 Posts
Our son brought a car through finance fromm vaxhuall last year and had to sign the finance a few days before he picked up his car due to the fact that the funds were there to buy the car. As for taxing the car we had a cover note faxed through to the dealers to tax it but they still wanted to see the original one when it arrived which came the day after we picked the car up! (sods law) All I had to do was scan it and e-mail it to them. Edited by: yellmandy

·
Registered
204 Posts
You can usually get your insurance to send the certificate direct to the dealer - they won't guarantee to get it there within a couple of days but in my experience they always do.

I took the 7 days free insurance offer so as to avoid any issues with the certificate. The only thing to watch with that is you can't be insured with 2 companies at the same time so you have start your main insurance at the end of the 7 days.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Hi and welcome, glad you will have it soon. We had to sign a few days before and the insurance was the same so we took out their 7 days free cover to get around it.Might see you out and about, where in Manchester are you?
K x

·
Registered
233 Posts
I didn't realise this was the way the finance works. I am going to contact the dealer and find out tomorrow. How do you get an insurance certificate if you do it online? I presume a print out from online will not be accepted as an original?

Will let you know my findings.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I asked my insurance company to email the dealership an insurance certificate and that worked. Another time - they sent insurance certificate to dealer to tax it.

As for signing Finance docs early - Although I dont agree with it, they are clamping down to ensure rejections arent happening at the last minute... I suppose that way at least you know its not going to fail at the last minute and you end up with egg on your face at the dealership.. WHat a nightmare that would be....

Fee

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've bought through the co-operative group, they did the credit checks etc back when I ordered the car. So all i should need do is sign for the car and pick it up. They dont have to worry about finance rejecting cus its already been checked.I'd have thought this was a standard procedure?
Edited by: Beranicus

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Well bizarrely - my new honda dealer advised me that the Finance checkwas valid for 4 months for Honda although this varies between marques.

I suppose it means that those future owners who have delivery dates of 5/6 months may have to go through an additional credit check, which really inst good if it means another search on your credit history?

Perhaps anyone working in this particular sector can advise??

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Beranicus said:
I've bought through the co-operative group, they did the credit checks etc back when I ordered the car. So all i should need do is sign for the car and pick it up. They dont have to worry about finance rejecting cus its already been checked.I'd have thought this was a standard procedure?
You are correct that finance is pre checked but its my understanding that RCI now insist on all paperwork being in their posession prior to pick hence why you know have to sign all paperwork acouple of days before actual pick up. As I say this is my understanding and hopefully a dealer representative on here can state the actual process now

·
Registered
171 Posts
I spose it could depends on the finance company used.I cant remember whether my PCP is a nissan thing or a co-op thing.
Time will tell Deks
only a few weeks to go now!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm hoping its that simple 12inch, I wont be able to stand too much of a wait once the dealer tells me he has it in.I'd pick it up that day if I could!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts