Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya
Just to ask you all to check your SIDE LIGHT lens covers.

I checked mine today as I do daily and I have noticed there is a HUGE chunk of plastic been sheared off the point of the lens cover, presumably by a stone chip!!

Its right at the pointy bit on the end at the very front of the car(no jokes guys) .. The mainheadlights are ok and fog light plastic lens covers are fine also

Just you guys check in case you have had the same issue.

Clearly the plastic of the lights cant be up to much if it cant stand a stone chip
The paintwork is pristine though - no problems there

Fee

·
Registered
144 Posts
oh no Fee - sorry to hear your pride and joy has an injury :-(

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Ok, no jokes about that huge chunk.Now if the lens cover had only cracked,that'd be different.A huge crack opens up several avenues

But seriously,I feel your pain Fee

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.......Oh no indeed!!!!
- Could be much worse I suppose - it could have cracked the windscreen or damaged the paintwork....

Just thought I would highlight this to you all - given the amount of grit thats been flung about recently. I would have thought the lights would be more sturdy and able to cope. I have never had a damaged headlight before - might be a potential weakspot due to the design ..

Just asking you all to check - you can when you get yours!!!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would anyone sue me???

Seriously - dont knwo when it happened as i cannot recall hearing a stone chip hitting the car. Plenty of grit recently but I dont know when it happened.

interesting though to find out how much a whole new side light fitting would cost???

Anyone care to furnish me with a cost.... doubt there'll be any scrap ones out there??

Cheers
Fee x

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
Why would anyone sue me???

Seriously - dont knwo when it happened as i cannot recall hearing a stone chip hitting the car over the noise from the oil burner. Plenty of grit recently but I dont know when it happened.

interesting though to find out how much a whole new side light fitting would cost???

Anyone care to furnish me with a cost.... doubt there'll be any scrap ones out there??

Cheers
Fee x

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jukotabeekidin said:
Could it have been vandalism?

(maybe a red Juke owner
)
I actually take that pretty seriously. The Juke has a polarizing look and being somewhat well traveled online I can tell you that many people not only dislike Jukes, they absolutely hate them.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I think I had a near miss with vandalism. After we had ours home for a day or so I found a broken bottle in the driveway that had presumably been hurled from the street. Didn't make it to the Juke, but if hitting the Juke with a bottle wasn't the motive then what was? As a result, I park it at the very end of the driveway out of sight/effective throwing range, or in the garage.
Edited by: JukieMcJukerson

·
Registered
329 Posts
JukieMcJukerson said:
Jukotabeekidin said:
Could it have been vandalism?

(maybe a red Juke owner
)
I actually take that pretty seriously. The Juke has a polarizing look and being somewhat well traveled online I can tell you that many people not only dislike Jukes, they absolutely hate them.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I think I had a near miss with vandalism. After we had ours home for a day or so I found a broken bottle in the driveway that had presumably been hurled from the street. Didn't make it to the Juke, but if hitting the Juke with a bottle wasn't the motive then what was? As a result, I park it at the very end of the driveway out of sight/effective throwing range, or in the garage.

Wow, there are some sad people out there! How could anyone hate an inanimate object so much as to vandalise it? Its only a car!
Weird, weird world....

andy

·
Registered
540 Posts
Quote, McJukerson; "< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">I park it at the very end of the driveway out of sight/effective throwing range, or in the garage."
Wow, you have a garage? Drooool....
If I had a garage and not just a drive the car would be in there every time. The paint finish would stay good looking so much longer for starters.
Fee, that is bad news and bad luck. I can sympathize all the way I have had new cars that have had similar things happen. Take it as a one off, have it repaired and don't think about it any more.As a temporary repair you could use clear silicone sealant if the hole isn't too big else you get clear gaffa tape. just make sure it gets sealed from the weather.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the kind words guys - its a bummer really!!

Will put some clear silicone on it when weather improves to prevent any further damage.

Thanks

Fee x

·
Registered
540 Posts
Remember the silicone will not be permanent. It goes a funny opaque look after a long time and tends to start decomposing due to sun light (maybe not a problem in Glasgow though, only joking
). Should be alright for several months at a time though.
Smooth it out with a wet finger. If it looks a mess then wipe it off immediately and start again.Some will set within 30 minuets to two hours and others are the 24 hour setting type. Try to get the shorter setting type and the kind that says 'Does not contain Acetic Acid' or solvent free. It will be better for the paint work if you get it near it. Should still be okay if you wipe it away immediately though.
I hope I haven't confused you Fee.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No - you're Ok Dougal - its common knowledge I am easily confused but I do know what you're talking about...

Thanks for the advice

fee x

1 - 16 of 16 Posts