Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I'm not getting my juke via PCP, but I've been offered the 3 years service plan and AA cover for £250. Thats's a no brainer right?

sean

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
consider this are you getting rid of car after 3 years if so the 3rd service is of no use to you
last year they were offering 2years service for free
its a good offer YES but well worth trying to get it chucked in for free if you haven't already signed up
also consider what the cost of annual service is as if its say £100 and you are getting rid of car at end of 3 years then you wont benefit its all about doing the maths

·
Registered
78 Posts
Deks took the words right out of my mouth! Unless you are doing higher mileage, in other words 3 mileage services rather than calender services.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I think the service cost will be in excess of £100 so 2 of those and the rac cover has still got to be a good deal. Go for it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
JUKEOFYORK said:
I think the service cost will be in excess of £100 so 2 of those and the rac cover has still got to be a good deal. Go for it.
Me to, the way prices are going up an oil change could cost you £200 plus labour in a years time, and with this Government who knows , VAT 25% by 2012 . You made the right choice in my mind and paid up front. T

OOOPS ! Ishouldn't have mentioned politics , sorry all. T

·
Registered
133 Posts
No Brainer really
Even if you don't do the miles you can still have the car service a month early also RAC cover would be over £250 for 3 years, modern Synthetic Oils are £10+ per litre and it will take 5 (£50) at least + filter + labour + VAT
If you can get it chucked in great but if you can't it is really worth doing 2nd Service on my old car came in at £335, so I went for it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The service plan is a good deal.
As I got my Juke on the friends and family discount I lost out on the service plan, cheap APR finance sand only got1 years RACbut still gota good deal, or I would have definitelypayed for the plan.

Has anybody else got the new You + NissanCare commitment booklet sent to them.The main dealers must belosing out on servicing as you now get a free courtesy car, price matchedservice price and continuousRAC (could be only basic cover).Edited by: Strof

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got my Juke on a PCP from Nissan and the service plan cost £250. I thought it was a bargin considering how costs are escalating. The Juke had 3 years free breakdown cover and come to think of it I don't know who with. You don't get any cards with numbers on it nowadays. Nissan must be confident they won't breakdown. Lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
W etook out the service plan when we bought our Juke.
But that was mainly because i had been paying Chrysler dealer prices on our old pt.
Garry

·
Registered
998 Posts
Glen Duke said:
I got my Juke on a PCP from Nissan and the service plan cost £250. I thought it was a bargin considering how costs are escalating. The Juke had 3 years free breakdown cover and come to think of it I don't know who with. You don't get any cards with numbers on it nowadays. Nissan must be confident they won't breakdown. Lol

Hi , I got the exactly the same , Paid for 3 years service , but the breakdown cover for 3 years was free, my cover is with the RAC and I have a cardboard Nissan European Roadside Assistance card that was given to me upon collection , have a look for it in your handbook pack. Do not know if the RAC send out a plastic card or not, They did with the wifes KIA. T

·
Registered
17 Posts
Service Plan Costs - Help Please !

ok so I'm not getting my juke via PCP, but I've been offered the 3 years service plan and AA cover for £250. Thats's a no brainer right?

sean
I appreciate that this thread is quite old now, but I've just been offered a three yr service plan for £770 on a new Juke CVT :confused:

Got a very good deal on the car, so doubt they want to offer anything special on the servicing, but £770 seems quite steep to me.

Are the servicing costs that bad over three years?

Thoughts welcome!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Tell them to go whistle at that price i brought a new DIG-T with a service plan for 3 years for £299. sounds like they are trying to claw back some of that great deal you had.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tell them to go whistle at that price i brought a new DIG-T with a service plan for 3 years for £299. sounds like they are trying to claw back some of that great deal you had.
Thanks Ian
I imagine its all swings and roundabouts on what get included in the deal.

They seem a good reliable bunch, but yep, seems appropriate to give a few other dealers a call to see what they offer. I've noticed on some threads that there can be quite a difference between dealership service costs. I don't mind travelling a little for a good deal. Plus I'll get to drive my car a little more and I like the idea of that! :)

I will post on what I eventually go for.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Service Plan Pricing

I've just been offered a three yr service plan for £770 on a new Juke CVT :confused:

Got a very good deal on the car, so doubt they want to offer anything special on the servicing, but £770 seems quite steep to me.

Are the servicing costs that bad over three years?

Thoughts welcome!
Here's what i've found
My deal was for 0% finance and there wasn't a cut price service plan option at the time of purchase. so fair enough, i'm happy with the deal.

Especially as it came with the the additional armrest and 'connect 2' send to google thing thrown in. :)

I said i'd update on my final choice (for info) so here it is:
For a 3yr deal:
I rang around 3 Dealerships..Seems £770 is about right!

WKB Waterlooville (nearest) £770 (Inc 20% discount)
Sparshatts Botley :confused: (never got back at all to me after 2 separate promises- surprisingly poor)
WestWay southhampton £740

So I think i'm going to WKB for the sake of a few quid.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Don't forget you don't have to have it serviced at Nissan, any VAT registered garage can do it as long as they use OEM quality parts, the correct oil and stick to the service schedule.

The downside is if you have a fault which is outside of warranty you can kiss any "goodwill" from Nissan goodbye and it *might* have a small impact on residuals although I can't imagine it would make much difference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dealer V Non Dealer Service Pricing (3yr plan)

Don't forget you don't have to have it serviced at Nissan, any VAT registered garage.... .
Hi John,

Thanks for your comment. I did manage to get a rough quote from a local garage (who are excellent) that i've used before. They figured a 3yr cost to be about £650 using Nissan service plan and parts etc...

So it seems worth the difference to maintain goodwill etc....especially on an interest free monthly arrangement.

Regards

1 - 19 of 19 Posts