Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been answered somewhere already but here goes.
My Juke is my first ever brand new car. In years gone by when cars were nowhere near as reliable as they are now interim oil change and brake checks had to be done.
As the miles to service indicator on my Jukes dash is saying 17000 odd I presume I have to have nothing checked until this point.
Am I correct or am I missing something.Edited by: holeymoley27

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
the service book will tell you exactly when you need to have service done failing that dealer will

some models are 12months 12000 miles and some 18000 miles 18months I believe tbh I am totally uncertain as I keep seeing conflicting info I will worry about it in 9 months time when mine is a year old

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
holeymoley27 said:
If it's 12000 miles why is my "time to service" mileage counting down from 18000 miles?
god only knows mine is the same I suspect its a software issue, if you are unsure just ring the dealer and ask they will tell you.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Yes - it might need to be manually reset - I have done nearly 3k but my clock is showing something like 15800 to next service !!

Will get it sorted next week - hopefully

Fee x

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I would just ring your dealer.Most modern cars will tell you when they need to be serviced, depending on how you drive it. 18000 miles is about right, you drive it hard that figure will come down you drive is easy and it will go up.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was told 18,000 for the petrol version and the free servicing deal I got confirms that, although the car's computer is set for 12,500.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
ginnym said:
I was told 18,000 for the petrol version and the free servicing deal I got confirms that, although the car's computer is set for 12,500.
see now here in lies the issue mine is a diesel and computer reads18000 but certain the diesel is a 12k service interval

As said already ask the dealer dont rely on the computer in the car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The DIG-T is 12500 miles or 12 months.
Have a look at the warranty booklet and maintenance record that came with the car. Although its a standard book for all models the dealer should have stuck in the pages that relate to your particular model. Pages 18-20.
Rgds

·
Registered
7 Posts
The service intervals are
12500 miles 12 months for 1.6 turbo
18000 miles 12 months for 1.6 petrol
18000 miles 12 months for 1.5 dci (this can self adjust depending on driving style due to dpf regeneration)

</font></font>

·
Registered
204 Posts
I checked this with the dealer yesterday because my Juke computer says 12000 but the paperwork for the free servicing deal says 18000. They assured me that the standard 1.6 petrol is 18000 - it's the DiG that's 12000. Seems some cars have been sent out with the wrong interval programmed into the computer.

·
Registered
443 Posts
If you look in the service book you can discover what service type and interval are recommended for that particularmarket .
It's only the 1.6 normally asperated model uk car that has 18,000 mile once a year services .
The other turbo models are 12500 one year.
The diesel has an oil quality monitored so can change its miles.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just checked my service book, It has 18000 or 12 months for the diesel

1 - 20 of 32 Posts