Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have read yet another member has or is in the process of offloading his Juke. So now to my knowledge thats 4 owners who took posession of their cars upto Nov last year that have now said goodbye to them, both petrol and diesel models so no precident set.

Well Nissan what do you have to say on this matter, doesn't look good does it when people are selling up so quickly due to issues

Should we be concerned about this turn of events or is this simething that happens with new car purchases? I just find it worrying that on a small forum such as this with 800 odd members that in less than 6 months since launch 4 of our members have got rid of their cars. Should be said that if my circumstances were different and I did more miles I too would have got rid of mine on mpg issues

thoughts anyone

edit 10.00 pm

Would like to add that its a small number of people that have sold up and a few more who are unhappy for one reason or another but also their are a large number of people who are very happy with the car and all quoted figures and facts relating to it

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
15 Posts
deks..
You can't please everyone.. Those that go on about there way must have had their own reasons for leaving.. Let hope it wasn't because the juke had issues etc.. Life changes.. and drivers need different types of vehicles.. I mean sure it's not a hybrid thing.. or electric car.. It's just a matter of time before we weed our the weaker juke owners that don't see the endless possibilities of what this little Juke can be and do.

·
Registered
489 Posts
It's a real shame, but at the end of the day Nissan don't care really, they're in the business of making money and at the end of the day they've made their money no matter who decides to get rid of their Juke. Fair enough those people probably won't buy the Nissan brand again but it unfortunately won't make a difference

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
It is a shame, i think one person did say they changed cars all the time and liked the Juke but just wanted something else.

I love my Juke and hopefully will not have any problems with it, but if I do it will certainly not be the first one, my last car was still under warranty and was towed in twice which is why I got rid.

Hopefully, there will not be many, but I suppose as quick as people are selling others are buying and is probably the same with other makes as well.

xx

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Well DEKS

You might know that I would pipe up on this subject.

I think its very very worrying in fact. The owners so far that have the problems all seem to have taken delivery early November 2010 and given that we have persevered for the past 4 months with MPG and its really not improved. Was their some sort of production difficulty at that time?

Jayannley has managed to increase her MPG but sheer bloodyminded determination and switching off her AC. How sad is that - she cant even use aircon.....

Its not a good sign that original members whowere and are, to a certain extent, enthusiastic on all things JUKE, are nowsetting a very bad example by offloading their vehicles. Possibly affecting the residual values for newer owners. The numbers are low at the moment but could increase with time.

There is an issue, somewhere, I dont know what it is, but I do feel very very sad that this is happening. There areowners out there who dont give 2 hoots about MPG and money spent ( good on you !!!) but there are a great deal many more who are struggling financially and MPG is a major contributory factor when purchasing a vehicle. Every penny is a prisoner.

Nissan do need to look very very carefully at their advertising and promotional paperwork. The Advertising Standards Authority dont take to kindly to advertising materials that dont live up to promises. Urbanproof, WHAT? Are you kidding. My 1.4 Petrol Civic is returning better MPG in town and that really is a sad indictment of Nissans diesel fuel performance.

This forum is the first point of contact for many and it doesnt look good if everyones leaving!!!

Fee x

Edited by: feefeeglasgow

·
Registered
122 Posts
well, I think its normal... Some people change their cars every 6 months without any reason. Just want to try something different. Some of them just bought Juke because of new style, new fashion without thinkink if they really need and want it. Some didn't like the car. Come on. Its normal. Its life

·
Registered
144 Posts
Gabby said:
well, I think its normal... Some people change their cars every 6 months without any reason. Just want to try something different. Some of them just bought Juke because of new style, new fashion without thinkink if they really need and want it. Some didn't like the car. Come on. Its normal. Its life
I am of this opinion ^^ regardless of issues or otherwise there will always be those that will get rid of a new car after a few months...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Yeah - it is normal to change you car regularly

I have had 3 qashqais, 2 meganes, a juke and a civic since 2007 but its worrying when theres a theme to people leaving- the theme so far being either MPG , performance or quality....

Variety is the spice of life - Absolutely.. I agree

I wouldnt have chosen to change my JUKE had it not been for the 5h"te MPG!!! - Sadly I am not the only one as the pages and pages of posts prove

Fee x

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I agree with Fee
For me I did not look at the mpg due to the fact that I was trading in a Merc that was thirsty.
I have said before that my dealer suggested I went for the petrol as he had driven both as demo and found that for my type of journey, petrol would out perform diesel?

If people have purchased on the fuel facts and figures and these are way off, then they have a right to question Nissan and in turn deserve a honest response

People do change cars often Gabby, but the people selling so far are all fuel related.

We all love the car, it's looks and it's gadgets for the price, but you should always be confident in the purchase you have made.

Lj

·
Registered
204 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:

There is an issue, somewhere, I dont know what it is,  but I do feel very very sad that this is happening.  There are owners out there who dont give 2 hoots about MPG and money spent  ( good on you !!!) but there are a great deal many more who are struggling financially and MPG is a major contributory factor when purchasing a vehicle. Every penny is a prisoner.
To be fair, there's also another group - those for whom mpg is perfectly within acceptable limits and for whom the Juke performing well so please don't suggest that the only people happy with their Jukes are those who are financially reckless. My Juke performs better than my previous Ford Fiesta on mpg and the same as my QQ and having done 8,000 miles I think it's had plenty of chance to show any mpg issues.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that there aren't any issues for some owners and I really do feel for those who have made a decision to sell up so quickly but I'm struggling to work out whether its down to individual rogue cars off the production line, something that only affects certain models or some sort of across the board performance issue that only manifests itself in certain driving conditions which I haven't experienced for some reason.

I do agree that Nissan should be taking things more seriously. They're a major corporation so it may be too much to hope they would care about individual owners but it doesn't take many disgruntled customers to destroy a brand which obviously isn't in their interests, nor is it in the interests of other owners who will be affected by future re-sale values if the brand is discredited.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I know what you mean. I am getting the best mpg than any of my last three cars which I was not expecting in a dig-t, so it is a bonus for me. I hope Nissan do take note for all the ones suffering with problems x

·
Registered
377 Posts
I must say Im a bit concerned. I havent got mine yet & people arent happy, which doesnt bode well. Now with whats happening in Japan (and no im not moaning, its nothing compared to whats happening there or could happen if the power station completely blows, but) it makes me wonder if i'll ever get mine. To be fair im kind of loving the Micra & it is making me wonder.......

·
Registered
122 Posts
well... maybe I just don't understand. If you can afford a brand new car then you can afford filling more diesel. of course, I don't do 20000miles/year. So I may just don't understand. And I think you never know the reason people sell their cars

·
Registered
144 Posts
Gabby said:
I don't do 20000miles/year
I do pretty much bang on that which is likely one reason the DCI is a good choice for me as I am quite happy being in the 40's for MPG compared to my previous car which was 29 at a push!

Can't say I looked at the quoted MPG before I bought the car, but to be fair fuel is not too much of an issue for me as most of my miles are company funded anyway so maybe I am not the best judge! Either way, only done 600 miles in the 2 weeks I've had it so too early to start judging average consumption

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Sadly Gabby - I do upwards of 15K a year... I bought the Juke for fuel consumption 46 MPG URBAN - as quoted. I got 32- 34 MPG....

Just because you buy a brand new car doesnt mean to say you have bags of money. ??? - you buy a new car for efficiency, reliability and in some cases ECONOMY.

I didnt get the the economy bit - the number one reason for making my purchase

Fee

·
Registered
272 Posts
we love our car and are happy with the MPG.surely if youstruggling withmoney you would not be spending £15000 on a new car !! simmo,

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I love the Juke. It's not ideal for me as I need 6 seats.(No, I haven't got 5 wives).I saw it and just had to have one even though it's stretched me financially more than I would have liked. Mpg doesn't bother me though I haven't got loads of money.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
JUKEOFYORK said:
Fee, You've had a lot of cars since 2007. Mr and mrs average income couldn't afford that soI'm surprised you're bothered by mpg.

JOY - I have paid the same monthly payment every month since 2007- I have neogtiated well when trading in and havent actually lost money..... Dont know how i've done it over the years but honestly I haven't got bags of money... Just been lucky - I suppose

(Well I cheated actually - out of the 2 meganes - Renault actually replaced the first one as it was a bag of crap!!!)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts