Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know if its just my Juke but they have the worse seatbelts i have ever known for getting twisted....does it all the time drives me mad...due for first service soon does anyone else have this problem

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not sure if it's the belts or just that the seat is to close to the door pillars that couse the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes thats a good point...I need to get out of the habit of starting to drive off without my seatbelt done up only to have to stop 100 yards down the road to untangle it as it wont go on

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
On leaving the car I loop my seatbelt up and over the headrest, which means it doesn't get stuck between the seat and the door.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Nope, no problem at all with tangled seatbelts for me. I guess it must be something to do with the seat position then?

·
Registered
412 Posts
keefyt said:
Yes thats a good point...I need to get out of the habit of starting to drive off without my seatbelt done up only to have to stop 100 yards down the road to untangle it as it wont go on
I don't have any issues with my seatbelt.
The goody two shoes in me can't resist pointing out that you should have your seltbelt done up before you move off, no excuse in my book.
Having said that it's your body not mine so do what you want!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
LesR, I agree with you that the seat belts are too close to the door pillars.I too, hook the belt over the shoulder of the seat, which makes sure it does not get trapped.I also use a product called Klunk-Klik, which takes the pressure of the seat belt offthe chest but still functions perfectly, should the occasion arise.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think the drivers seatbelt seem to twist easily.Plus when it does and i dont notice it usually gets caught in the door when i shut it.
And ....the passenfger seatbelt clip seem to always rattle against the side of the car when not getting used. Just a case of reaching across and moving it a bit.
Not noticed the passenger side belt getting twisted though.

Garry

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a juke and a Qashqai , the seatbelt getting the occasional jam twist between the seat and door pillar happens on both cars,
both are Tekna model leather seats, are these slightly wider giving rise to the problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
dont know if its just my Juke but they have the worse seatbelts i have ever known for getting twisted....does it all the time drives me mad...due for first service soon does anyone else have this problem
I have a Juke Tekna and I have the same problem 75% of the time. The belt twists and gets stuck in the buckle connected to the door pillar and when it’s stuck I have to get out, pull the seat forward and get in the back to free it. It is the most frustrating thing ever. My wife never has the problem and suggests it’s something I am doing wrong which makes matters worse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts