Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you will know if you read my post on collecting my car,it was scratched on the boot when I picked it up. well dealer would not let my painter do it and insisted they get their man in due to warranty issues. well i dropped it off weds lunchtime get a call 2 hours later all done, told not to clean it for a week. asked if it was a smart repair they said yes which I knew anyway, I had previoulsy said i didn't want a smart repair because they are rubbish. Anyway washed car today lo and behold repair is a different colour so i took it off to my painter who said not only is it a different colour its also flat and the scratch can still be seen under the paint. So phoned dealer, salesman off til Monday so i will be their on monday to give him what for. problem i think is this is a pearl paint that changes colour in different conditions and a partial repair is not going to react the same as the rest of the panel so come Monday i could be in for a major row as i am somewhat pee'd off at present.really poor experience and comms from this Nissan Dealer in Canterbury, due to the misleading and deceit from my salesman I wont ever be going back to this dealer will have to use the other local one in Broadstairs now for all my needs inc service and any future purchase
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Sorry to hear that Deks - I'm not surprised you are cheesed off. Thats just sheer incompetence

They've probably just asked the general labourer or apprentice todo jobto keep you sweet.

Keep us posted next week - We hope all goes well and you get a proper result this time!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
575 Posts
Lets hope they see sense and respray the whole panel for you. I'm sure they will when you complain - probably just trying it on at first to save them a bit of cash

·
Registered
367 Posts
Good for you for complaining it's not good enough and can't believe you were told not to wash it for a week. It's always interesting to see what sort of aftersales we get from dealers!!!! Don't start me off on that one!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Chris, when did you order it exactly? Date?

I ordered the same as you on the 19th of July.

NCS keep saying mine hasn't even been started yet.

Now due December.

Dealer tells me, it's showing as 'in production - due end November'!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
You should be pee’d off. Give them **** on Monday.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
60 Posts
Unfortunately trying to carry out a localised repair these days is all but imposable due to the fact that the paint used is waterborne, the only way to affect a correct repair would be to paint the whole panel, this would require the removal of all parts fitted to the tailgate including the rear screen , if your dealer does not have their own body-shop they will be looking at a bill of £400 plus from an independent , If the dealer has a demonstrator of the same colour I would insist he swop the tailgates over.Edited by: Maurice

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maurice i am in the trade i know what what told dealer local repair wouldnt work even worse is i got my bodyshop to give me a quote that was extremely competetive but they didnt want to pay it

i am not worried about it being painted just want it done properly no need to swap parts i will be more than happy as long as its all one colour and shines.
also i have a spoiler in bodyshop being sprayed force red, painter had to order in paint specially as he doesnt carry the tint for force red, which i told dealer his smart man was unlikely to have correct tints as its a new colour with a special formula in, the supplier told my paint shop so he already has the paint its annoying me as its delaying my spoiler, as paint shop doesnt want to do spoiler then do tailgate later when he can do whole job at once which makes more sense and one of the reasons why the quote for tailgate repair was so low as i have already paid for paint its cost me £120 to get spoiler done

·
Registered
575 Posts
poplady said:
Hi Chris, when did you order it exactly? Date?

I ordered the same as you on the 19th of July.

NCS keep saying mine hasn't even been started yet.

Now due December.

Dealer tells me, it's showing as 'in production - due end November'!!
Sorry to nick your thread, deks, and go off topic.
Ordered mine originaly 31st July, but cancelled order. New order was 15th Sept I think. Your problems seem typical of the Nissan ordering system, but it seems the closer you get to the final date, the more accurate the system is. Hope it comes soon for you

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mine had a small scratch on the tailgate handle when I collected.

I was told I could have it smart repaired, but having seen this done before, I wasnt keen!

Also, as its such a small scratch, I didnt want the whole bit painted, cause its just never the same.

Decided to live with it, as over the next few years, even though I look after my cars,Ive no doubt it will pick up a few more marks.

andy

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hope you get a successful resolution to your issue deks36.

I just hope I don't have a scratched Juke when it finally is delivered.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i am sure yours will be fine these things happen very rarely, certain all will be well salesman was off so i couldnt speak to him friday I am just frustrated as i like things sorted instantly and i am certain that come monday it will all be fine

·
Registered
377 Posts
Kick some butt deks36! Im sure they'll sort it for you & hope it hasnt taken the shine off owning your new baby.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no it will be fine accidents happen its just delaying other things at present but it will be fine i am sure

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just a point on the paint type Maurice. The Sunderland body paint is Solvent Borne not waterborne. The only waterborne paint in Sunderland at the moment is on the Bumpers. Also, the opacity of red paints is typically poor so any repair has got to be spot on for tint and film build. I'dexpect a goodrepairshop to featherit in so as to get the best possible colour match.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BulmaerSonOfThor said:
Just a point on the paint type Maurice. The Sunderland body paint is Solvent Borne not waterborne. The only waterborne paint in Sunderland at the moment is on the Bumpers. Also, the opacity of red paints is typically poor so any repair has got to be spot on for tint and film build. I'dexpect a goodrepairshop to featherit in so as to get the best possible colour match.
that would explain why the bumpers never match the cars then if they use a different type of paint
i too would expect the colour to be feathered in as a decent painter would do unfortunately smart repairs are not decent just cheap which is why dealers use them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here's hoping you get what you want today Deks - can see you refusing to move until they sort it!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well spoke to dealer now only a quick chat as he was very busy, understandable as he hadnt been in office for 3 days , so all is well got to go over weds to discuss told him i wont let the smart crap near it again. I can see me ending up paying for this as i want it sorted asap along with my spoiler so may just get it done so i am happy with the car.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well waited until 1130 Monday for dealer to call me nothing, bearing in mind I emailed him on friday and other salesman told him Monday first thing about tailgate so I called them, he said he was on it and could i take it over wedsnesday so the amateur they got to repair could see it. Got their 0930 no painter so i showed it to the sales manager he said ok leaveit with me I will talk to you later 5 pm now emailed dealer 1 hour ago no response so next i will be calling finance company and NCS

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.