Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reversing out of the work car park last night I forgot about a low barrier and caught the passenger side front wing, I could have cried. Its going to need a new black wheel arch moulding and the bumper resprayed. How stupid was I. I keep telling myself it could have been worse.

Car damage by Fontie1, on Flickr

Car now repaired and looking like new

Car Repaired by Fontie1, on FlickrEdited by: Fontie

·
Registered
175 Posts
Seems a bit drastic to scrap the car just because of this....

Perhaps you meant scraped ?

Sorry to hear of your woes though...Edited by: 5523_Juke

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Title changed, ok you got me i cant spil or is that spell haha

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John at Holcrofts to the rescue, he is getting me a new wheel arch moulding for a good price, bit of paint and it will be as good as new, with a lesson learned...must pay more attention in future, ohh and maybe learn to spell

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
fontie i can't tell for certain with out seeing the car but it looks from pics that most if not all the scratches will polish out with a good compound such as farecla G3 although this is best done with a machine polisher, worth a go before spending lots of cash, it will of course depend on how deep the scratches are,

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looking at the knackered wheel arch I think those scratches will be deep

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most are surfice scratches, but there is one that is deeper which may pose a problem. I have a friend that does body repairs im going to take it to him and see what he thinks. Hopefully it wont cost an arm and a leg to put right.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
It the sound it makes which always makes it worse, then you have to inspect it so to see how much damage has been done is a sickening feeling.
My Nav wasn't a week old when some scumbag keyed the whole bonnet. The respray was the bonnet, and both wings which cost me £350.So I think you are looking about £100 for the spray work.
Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Fontie, think I saw you last week, but I wasn't in my Juke! Its not too bad...For the scratches / dents, try calling a company called little Knocks (based in Ruislip) very reasonable. John

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Oh Fontie - poor you and poor baby - I feel your pain!!!!

Hope you get thing sorted out - its a pest and a pain but you werent hurt... Cars can be repaired people cant but it doesnt stop you from being upset!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Fontie said:
Reversing out of the work car park last night I forgot about a low barrier and caught the passenger side front wing, I could have cried. Its going to need a new black wheel arch moulding and the bumper resprayed. How stupid was I. I keep telling myself it could have been worse.

[/IMG]
A real tradgedy Fontie.Feel so sorry for you.Did your tears cause that puddle under yuor wheel ?

·
Registered
329 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
... Cars can be repaired people cant but it doesnt stop you from being upset!!!

Fee x
Now now Fee - My Daughter is at Uni doing an Hons Degree in Nursing and would disagree with that statement!!!!

andy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hope it's better soon!! I still can't get used to the reversing camera and am thinking of getting reversing sensors fitted - anything to avoid injuring the poor baby

1 - 20 of 30 Posts