Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supposed to get my Force Red Acenta Premium with red trim on tuesday march 1st. It was delivered to dealer on feb 9th. Dealer called today to say when they got the car from their yard, it was black.

Black....

My Options are

1: to take the black with red trim now
2: wait 6 weeks for red with red
3: to take a red with grey trim now
4: cancel order
5: something else

Any suggestions our there

·
Registered
873 Posts
How badly do you want the red internal trim, and how badly do you want the red external paint? This seems like a decision only you can make!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also if I go for a change in order or delay ... Should I ask for compensation

·
Registered
147 Posts
In your situation... i only have one question? Do you undoubtely wanted red with red trim or did you have doubts with some other combination? let's say, black with red trim? If you had doubts, then i would keep the second choice. Otherwise, i think i rather wait six more weeks, and maybe even get some acessorie offered by the dealer for their incompetence.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Take whichever on March 1, to get the new plate.
Take the one whose specification matches or betters the one you ordered.
Take RED as it is what you first ordered, so it is the colour you really, really want.
The inside colour is secondary, I wouldn't worry about that.
Demand a couple of hundred off, for the inconvenience.

Good luck
Edited by: acrorat

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the thoughts, I need to give the dealer an answer tomorrow. It only took them 2 weeks to realise the colour was wrong. Apparently the colour code were confused .... No sh*t sherlock

·
Registered
34 Posts
MandaJuke this is simples wait for Red.I have seen black it does not look as good, does not show the shape as well.I had similar problem ordered a Gun grey Acenta and a Gun grey visia came.My options were take a red with red interior it is the best decison I have made in years it looks so much more alive than other coloursEven tho I liked the red more I asked for compensation and got the 3 years free RAC/Servicing refunded (£250) cashHope this helpsPete

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I took a look at the black with red interior and that does look smart, admittedly it is nice and clean. Anybody have any thoughts on keeping a black juke clean.

Now we just need to agree on compensation otherwise it's 6 more weeks

·
Registered
605 Posts
MandaJuke said:
Well I took a look at the black with red interior and that does look smart, admittedly it is nice and clean. Anybody have any thoughts on keeping a black juke clean.

Now we just need to agree on compensation otherwise it's 6 more weeks

Keep it away from seagulls - cant wait to get rid of my black car - its a nightmare!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
You really should go with the spec of car you want. You ordered red with red originally because that is what appealed to you. If you choose to opt for a different spec will you be happy after a while of owning it or will you begin to regret that you didnt wait for what you wanted in the first place?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have to agree wait and get what YOU really want.With that said I have a black with red interior and would not swap it for any other combo.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hubbys black QQ always looksdirty. It gets a dusty look & loses the shine so to speak. It shows the round circles you get from washing too & yep he has looked after it & he does wash it reg.

At the end of the day you need to feel happy, its your car & only you can decide what youre happy with. Will you pass a red Juke in a few months time & wish you had waited?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Black is best! 

Wash it every couple of weeks, Hiro is looking mean and muddy at the moment! I went for the chrome pack as it really shows the juke off(pictures in the gallery of Hiro)...

But defo get some cash off...or some extras thrown in.

And red is getting rather common...

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Colour and interior is a personal choice, if you have the original spec in writing and you are happy with the alternative, except it but with compensation.... negociate away.

Lj

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys. In truth we were fearful of the red not being the red we wanted, ever picture we see looks different. The black does look sound but again only when clean? Maybe!

The dealer has opened negotiations with 3 years service... Is this worth it? I am tempted to open with knocking the price of the paint off plus mudguards plus maybe the service. I'm thinking about that sounds slot but not in terms of what it costs Nissan at cost

·
Registered
7 Posts
Speak to your dealer about a swap with another dealer as I am pretty sure there was a red one with a pretty similar spec available to buy at Fish Brothers in Swindon when I went in to sign the paperwork for mine today. I was surprised that they had 4 brand new ones for sale at the dealers all ready to be picked upon the 1st of March.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Oh - what a decision???

If you go for your second choice just because its there - you will forever regret it!!!

As for the offer of 3 years servicing - dont know about your negotiationsbut this is part of Nissans clear nissan deal anyway so dont know if it would or should have been offered to you in the first place.

I am sure JOhn at Holdcrofts may have a plan - contact him to see what he says - you might just get your wish come true!!

Let us know what you do!!!

Fee x

1 - 20 of 27 Posts