Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i haven't seen a juke on the road yet save for the dealer demo, but did see a countryman yesterday outside the local school, it is a truly ugly car
what were mini thinking, glad I am not waiting for one of them

·
Registered
164 Posts
I drive past BMW head office every evening, and I've seen a couple. Ugly little blighters aren't they? And the Juke beats them in the comparison tests I've seen

I seem to have "lost" the silver Juke I was seeing regularly on the way home, but I still see the white one most mornings. It does look good, I have to say!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Hrmmm styling is such a personable thing, I bet the countryman (countrymen?) owners probably think exactly the same thing about our Jukes! ;)

I don't dislike the Countryman as a car, but I think if I ever were to own one I'd always look at it and want the 3 door version. For me the Countryman isn't a MINI, it doesn't evoke the same emotion as MINI does for me. This is probably exactly how the old mini owners feel too... that the BMW MINI isn't a Mini! ;)

What I do like about the Countryman is the quirky inside, the 2+2 optional seats (which I'd of gone for), I like the interior meterial quality. I also noted that in AutoExpress & AutoCar the Juke won in the comparison test. Basically on price! so well done to Nissan ;)

or

I know which I'd choose :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just priced one up out of interest on the mini configurator. Went for as close as I could to Acenta Premium spec with standard 1.6 engine (not cooper so not turbo'd etc). £18,950! And for a car where the styling is starting to look a bit "tired" given that the new mini has been about for 10 years now.
What the Countryman has got going for it though are a fabulous list of extras that just aren't available on the Juke like:
DAB, sunroof, Harmon Kardon stereo and some other great toys. If you're prepared to really spec the Mini up, you'll pay through the nose, but have a car that does everything!

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
chris78 said:
Just priced one up out of interest on the mini configurator. Went for as close as I could to Acenta Premium spec with standard 1.6 engine (not cooper so not turbo'd etc). £18,950! And for a car where the styling is starting to look a bit "tired" given that the new mini has been about for 10 years now.
What the Countryman has got going for it though are a fabulous list of extras that just aren't available on the Juke like:
DAB, sunroof, Harmon Kardon stereo and some other great toys. If you're prepared to really spec the Mini up, you'll pay through the nose, but have a car that does everything!
Chris you make a good point, I just think how much more money Nissan could make if they offered some more options! I know I would've bitten their hands off for a sunroof!

I guess over time they might introduce more options, but doesn't help me! ;)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Agree, dabe, but its more than that. Nissan are trying to attract new people to their brand with this car, and they've also aimed it at a younger market (not that you'd notice on this forum
). If they are serious about doing that and competing with the likes of mini etc, they need to look at their spec. Standard spec is great for the money, but people want toys. I almost didn't order the car due to lack of DAB

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on the subject of DAB ish the one thing that i think lets the juke down is the cheap looking facia of the connect system such a shame really useful bit of kit that looks tacky

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree, had delivery been more reasonable I would have bought a countryman, their quoted times were march 11, agreed spec for spec it would have been significantly more expensive c£25k for the one I was after.
whatever anyone says there is always a bit of an issue over the Nissan brand, on more that one occasion I have had the response "why would you buy a Nissan?" sometimes "even its still a datsun"! The Juke interior is cool and funky but the materials feel low rent to me, partly due to the fact that I have been in a 5 series for a couple of years
its the first time I ever bought a "Japanese" car and am slightly worried! Also now the Alfa garage has come back with a deal on a Giulietta.... decisions again

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dont mean to be rude but an Alfa, christ thats far worse than a Nissan, the only thing worse was when alfa where making the cherry europe for Datsun back in the 80's

stick with the Juke or if you have to go for the countryman but never an Alfa

·
Registered
142 Posts
I know, I know... it would drive me mad but there is something about Alfa's, have had 3, every one infuriated me and made me smile in equal measures!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
simps said:
I know, I know... it would drive me mad but there is something about Alfa's, have had 3, every one infuriated me and made me smile in equal measures!
I'll give that, heart says yes, head says NO .

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
simps said:
And add to that, the Giulietta is gorgeous imho! ;)

·
Registered
575 Posts
When I heard my Juke was delayed, the car I seriously considered was the Giulietta. Its just gorgeous and the reviews say its a very well built car - almost as good as a Golf.
Before I got my Scirocco, I seriously considered a Brera -without doubt THE best looking car on the road by a mile.
Before the missus got her fiesta, we looked at the MITO.
Trouble is, I can never quite bring myself to buy an Alfa. I want one but I use my car for work and I don't want to ring a client to tell them that my car has broken down and I can't make it.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
chris78 said:
Trouble is, I can never quite bring myself to buy an Alfa. I want one but I use my car for work and I don't want to ring a client to tell them that my car has broken down and I can't make it.
Snap! Wife relies on the car so Alfa's are always ruled out ;)

Back 2 cars ago we went around EVERY car garage, even went to Alfa, despite my dad saying they weren't worth the hassle. At the time we were looking at the 5dr 147. was a lovely car, really liked the drive and liked the looks at the time (although now, it's very dated) anyhow get back after the test drive, looking around the car and as I go to open the rear door, the handle came off in my hand. Says it all really ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
ahhh see, the Alfas are a bit flakey but they never let you down, bits fall off and theres nowhere to put your coffee or clutch foot.... I had a 75 V6 and 2 156 2.4 diesels, never was I stranded.
I also rely on it for work and would be happy to do so again, I also looked at the scirocco tdi 170 but it was a bit uninvolving to drive, my big daft 5 series estate is more fun!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Great story, dabe. Sums up Alfas really. Reminds me of the Top Gear episode where they took them to a classic car show.......

Simps, a Scirocco diesel is just wrong. They should never have been made in diesel form. They're an impractical coupe (hence I sadly no longer have mine). Impractical means just that and trying to get more mpg defeats the point! Take a Scirocco 2.0T for a drive and tell me its uninvolving (especially one that's been remapped to 265bhp
)

·
Registered
39 Posts
just to think that last year Inearly bought a new mini
I aaaaam so glad I did not by one but when I saw the juke well what more can I say

1 - 20 of 30 Posts