Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the duke, she's the John Wayne of all cars except........... I think the screen is an absolute waste of time when the sun shines in the car. I cannot read anything on the screen at all, can't even answer the phone cos of the glare. Map reading is an absolute joke unless it is dark outside, really dissappointed.
Anybody else have this problem as I can't believe I'm the only one. Have been back to garage and they say no cure and no other complaints, but they did tell me to go to Halfords to get an anti glare screen! AND I think my revs are very high, example , at 70mph I am getting near 4000 revs, is that the norm? Seems high to me, but again garage said it was ok. any help or info out there please

·
Registered
26 Posts
Absolutely no issues with the screen on mine works fine can see the displays for all in all conditions.
If you have a the 1.6 normal petrol the revs are about right

·
Registered
42 Posts
hi ray-ban/oakley,

not too sure with your screen problems, this may sound a little silly but have you checked the brightness settings on the unit and on the D-MODE computer?

Regards to the phone answering problems, if you have nav then you should have the call/hang up buttons on your steering wheel to overcome this problem.
the revs seem a little high but im sure all jukes drive this way, but i will check for sure on the way home tonight.apologies if i appear to be teaching you to suck eggs, just trying to help.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
How many miles have you done?
As the engine runs in the revs seem to lower.
For me its just over 3000rpm for 80 and about 3.750 RPM for 90
Not that i speed of course, just noticed when over taking lol

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
My revs are about 3,800 at 70mph.
As for the screen glare. I've had no problems at all in bright sunshine, and I use my nav a lot.

·
Registered
998 Posts
No problems with my Sat Nav screen either, Ok in the sunshine. Tc

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like there seems to be a difference with the rev/speed so I am talking about a 1.6 engine, petrol,
Cos I feel there seems to be such a big difference. I have already done 5000 miles, so it's not running in any more, are you guys about the same. I would like to know what engine you have got magabyte to have that sort of performance. Cheers guys and thanks for your feedback, really helpful

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
My figures above have been the same from day 1. I've done just under 11000 miles so it doesn't improve. 1.6 petrol Acenta.Edited by: JUKEOFYORK

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have done 1500 miles since April, it does rev high but that is just the way. What really bugs me is the high rev on start up at 2000 or just below, when I leave the house it feels as if I keep my foot on the accelerator, or I could wait a minute for the engine to calm down but sod that!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi mate, saw your note and would like to know which model and engine you have, cos your figures sound about right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know this may sound stupid, but does anyone see any difference with the consumption depending on whether they are driving in Eco or sport? My wife and I have kept our eye out for this and noticed no difference, how about you? Love to hear from you

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the normal 1.6 petrol and I did try both settings but eco mode is just good enough to get you killed at a roundabout.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I do about 26 miles per day on a round trip to work. I get about 39.7 mpg in eco and around 37 in sport.But that inludes about 20 miles at 70 - 75 mph, which really hits fuel consumption. If I drive just on A roads within, speed limits, I can get 43mpg manly using eco but swithching to sport for pulling away at junctions or roundabouts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts