Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv had my car little over 3 month, its a juke in White , washing it today and noticed too many rust dots all over even on the bumpers

Has anyone had this problem?

What can the dealer do??

Not rang them yet as wAnted hear feedback on here first

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do you live or work near a factory? A friend of mine has a white Honda CR-V and he noticed this last year. It turned out to be some sort of fall-out from the chimneys at the oil refinery where he works.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Andytran traded his Juke in as he had loads of marks on the paintwork and small pits in the paintwork all over the car - He felt the paint was just too thin.. COuld be a potential issue for Nissan with all these PAINT issues ... Perhaps they have skimped to get the cars outFee x

·
Registered
796 Posts
Those of you who have licht coloured Jukes will notice this even more in winter when there is a lot of salt on the road.

I drive a white QQ and I also have a white Smart Roadster Coupe. I was very surprised to see these "rust spots" especially on plastic. In Germany it is called "flugrost" and it is formed when break dust mixes with salt.

There are some products which will remove this but wear gloves when you use it.

A great tip would be to totally remove all the "Flugrost" ensure that you wash the car and then polish with a Nano based polish. This will reduce the effect and protect your Jukynator.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the same problem I bought a white Juke on the 1st March since then it has been leaking water into the bootwell (boot seal replaced) still leaking about 5 inches deep which was traveling through the car and now I have noticed rust appearing in various places on the Car.
Not impressed is an understatment, The dealer isnt interested and the Customer services never bother getting back to me when they say they will.
Has anyone else had issues like this and what was the outcome?
I want to reject the car has anyone else done this?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Horrified to read this Gav. Think you need to make some noise at dealers. they mustn't be allowed to get away with it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi gav,
Just noticed that there is also water in my Nissan juke boot well. Also the back seat is wet and there is water under this.
Just booked my car in for the check. Have you had anymore luck with yours.

·
Registered
86 Posts
its fallout ....easy removal with a clay bar
i get it on mine, its from a steel factory by where i work i remove it with a clay bar, however one of the guys at work just leaves his & his car has turnedorange!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rust

:mad:

I have a 2011 Juke 4x4 and rust is appearing on bonnet, roof and boot.

Dealership was useless so now raised case with Nissan.

Surely Nissan need to take notice of this and recall these cars as there is a paint defect issue

I had a similar experience with VW and they resprayed car under warranty.

Maybe Nissan should learn a lesson!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hmmm, The early 4x4 jukes were actually sourced from japan as we did not start to build them here in sunderland for a good while after launch so maybe their process wasnt as good as ours ?? If its not down to secondary damage such as chips and has come through from underneath then it should still be covered by the bodywork corrosion warranty so it will be interesting to see how you come on...

·
Registered
190 Posts
:mad:

I have a 2011 Juke 4x4 and rust is appearing on bonnet, roof and boot.

Dealership was useless so now raised case with Nissan.

Surely Nissan need to take notice of this and recall these cars as there is a paint defect issue

I had a similar experience with VW and they resprayed car under warranty.

Maybe Nissan should learn a lesson!

How can there me rust ?

Bubbling under paintwork
Flaking paintwork
If you push the paint does it move like air bubble behind it
Is it in edges of bonnet
Roof where windscreen bonds onto

Quite serious comments
Yet very basic description

Can't see a manufacturer would respray a car
Photos please

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I bought a nissan juke (62) in march 2014, in September I noticed tiny pin pricks of rust over various parts of the car. Took it back to the dealer, I felt I was chasing them as they never got back in touch after taking some photographs. One of their contract paint spray body shop men had a look at the juke and said it wasn't fall out, in the meantime I was told the car wouldn't be covered by any warranties if it was fallout as it was an environmental problem but maybe sales would cover it. The same day I got a phone call from the body shop to book it in for a buffing to get rid of the problem areas. A few days later the dealers phoned to say it was fallout and if I wanted anything doing with it then I would have to pay for it. I complained to them that I had two different stories so they have now arranged for the car to have a steam clean at their expense. Annoyed because it took me nearly a year deciding whether to be so extravagant on spending so much on a car. My previous car was a punto, which never had this problem over 9 years. My main concern now is what do I do if the steam clean doesn't work, or if it does work what happens if the fallout reappears. Definitely not impressed with the customer service. Yes, they are doing the steam clean, but I would have preferred not to have had to fight for it and feel like I had to justify having to receive good customer care. Any advice greatly accepted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts