Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, now having put around 1,030 miles on the clock after driving to Wales and back - would you say the car is now run in? On the motorway I very rarely went over 70 and used the cruise control which was great!
Still only saw 1 Juke the whole time we were away and travelling there and back

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Manual says run in is about 1200 miles :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
In my experience, engines become increasingly efficient and powerful as more miles are done.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses - I have definitely noticed a bit more power the more miles I've done - even to the point where I felt a bit of boost kick in, especially through the gears from 3rd to 4th and up to 5th. Does that sound right? I think it'll take me a while to forget that I don't have a turbo that's gonna kick in like I had with my scooby
Loving the car though - we had so many looks while in Wales, it was great to hear all the positive comments from passers by!

·
Registered
69 Posts
meaga-byte said:
Manual says run in is about 1200 miles :D
Page 5-2 running in schedule says 1000 miles

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
it might be 1000 miles.
Im going off the USA manual because its in PDF format and im far to lazy to go to the car and get the UK manual out everytime i want to check something :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
meaga-byte said:
it might be 1000 miles.

Im going off the USA manual because its in PDF format and im far to lazy to go to the car and get the UK manual out everytime i want to check something :D

I cheated, my manual was in the house!
Otherwise I wouldnt have got off my butt either!
Rest is the same.

·
Registered
873 Posts
[
It means don't accelerate away from stationary too quickly, not don't start the car in the morning too quickly!

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
873 Posts
Woah, that was a bit unnecessary.

I didn't think you should be handing your moderator status in before, but if all you are going to do is make personal attacks after I attempt to point something out to you (trying to be helpful) then perhaps it is best, as your judgement on what is an acceptable response in a public place is clearly way off.

I'm not going to continue posting here as long as deks is jumping down my throat for everything I say or do. I've got better things to do with my life.

Edited by: Stormrider

·
Registered
873 Posts
You need to stop taking things so personally and calm down. This is an insane response to a simple comment. I am not insulting your intelligence or anything else, just pointing a fact out that some people reading this thread might not have picked up on, even if it was a joke.

What a completely overblown response. You should be ashamed if that is the way you think it is appropriate to behave as a moderator. This and the attacks on a new member last week simply for having an opinion that differs from yours shows me that you probably made the correct decision to step down.

Edited by: Stormrider

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Gents, please, let's not continue with this disagreeable stuff, but beg to differ, and start over.
As a disinterested onlooker I can see a bit of wrong on both sides, but the main thing is that we all are members of this forum and have just lost our way a bit with the mutual respect for each that we can, and should, get back.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
In my best Michael Winner voice --- Calm down, calm down dears...I feel that things on both sides have got a wee bit out of hand and as Acrorat says - theres been a wee bit of miscommunication from both of you and a bit of an over reaction..Please guys - take a chill pill and dont either of you make any silly decisions to leave - you both have valid points to make....Peace and reconciliation RULES
and a hug to you both....Lets get back to topic....Fee x

Edited by: feefeeglasgow

·
Registered
55 Posts
Run in periods on most cars tend to be anything between 1000 and maybe 1800 miles.

so as a guide i wouldnt do anything sensational with the car before you hit 2000 miles !!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts