Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took of the rear number plate & on the hatch door there's a couple of what looks like rubber grommets, what are they for?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't know for sure, But grommets are always put in critical places, on cars, to prevent rubbing, vibration, or water ingress.

Hope this helps!

Ouch!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took a closer look & they seem to be hard plastic & not rubber. I was told by a friend that they are for screwing the rear number plates into or maybe one of those number plate holders.

Is that true?

·
Registered
873 Posts
I would guess that is the case. I remember seeing them when I took my rear numberplate off.

·
Registered
912 Posts
It's to aid theives to fit false number plates, when they steal your Juke.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Geoff_Juke said:
It's to aid theives to fit false number plates, when they steal your Juke.
</font>
Careful Geoff_Juke, youré already under caution!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
zen123 said:
Took a closer look & they seem to be hard plastic & not rubber. I was told by a friend that they are for screwing the rear number plates into or maybe one of those number plate holders.

Is that true?
very true, their are 2 types of hatch door, with or without number plate holes, without are for left hand drive cars only, right hand drive cars all have 2 holes for mounting number plates, has your dealer fitted the rear number plate correctly ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ouch! said:
Don't know for sure, But grommets are always put in critical places, on cars, to prevent rubbing, vibration, or water ingress.
Except on the bumpers apparently

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jon96uk said:
zen123 said:

Is that true?
 very true, their are 2 types of hatch door, with or without number plate holes, without are for left hand drive cars only, right hand drive cars all have 2 holes for mounting number plates, has your dealer fitted the rear number plate correctly ?
The dealer just stuck them on with double sided sticky stuff & because they weren't flush with the bodywork (due to those 2 plastic bumps) every time the hatch door was closed the plates would rattle.

I'll be putting on wifey's personal plate so will probably get a number plate holder thingy.

By the way what's the easiest way to remove the stuck on foamy sticky stuff without scratching the paintwork?

·
Registered
3 Posts
it's a cheep trick by the dealers to use double sided tape. this traps all the dirt & moisture behind the plate.if fitted correctly with the 2 bolt holes it leaves a gap between the plate and the hatch so it,s always dry behind the plate, take it back to the dealer and get them to fit the plates correctly, any corrosion claims in this area in the future could be void by not using the correct manufacturing method of fitment.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its too far to go back for something this trivial. As I said I'm putting new plates on so I'll do it properly. Just need to get the sticky tape off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts