Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Jukesters.

Watching the news here in Germany on Sky, I am appalled at the level of criminality that is spreading through the country.

I hope that none of you are affected by this.

Keep safe, keep your families and property safe and let's hope that this is resolved very soon.

I think the police are amazing and I personally am in full support of the police.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Chamber just had the phone call from Luton Police. Riots expected in town centre tonight. Debenhams have cleared their windows of all jewellry etc. All other shops in the Mall have closed and are boarding up. Happy days - not!

·
Registered
52 Posts
It is appalling and the Police reaction too soft and too late. They need to go in tonight and show the rioters what happens if you do this: controlled, arrested and if necessary physically hurt.
I am currently in America working for a few days and cannot believe what I am seeing on the news/internet.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The problem is the scum who are rioting are breeding like a virus and do nothing but take and destroy. Its makes me sick.I have a friend in the Met who has virtually been at work since Saturday, taking the minimum breaks. I glad to see pictures like what Baumpie posted, good to know the decent folk can still prevail.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
agree with that
police need to be cut some slack by those moaning they are doing nothing aswell
lets be honest would we go any sooner undermanned and well out numbered
lets just hope that get tougher and start battering a few of them

·
Registered
555 Posts
+2 @ Deks.
Mindless idiots with nothing else to do in their lives !
I hope the Police give them a good spanking !
And get the army in !

·
Registered
452 Posts
As an ex-Londoner, I can say with conviction, this is something that has been festering for a long, long time.For Theresa May to say that we police by consent, is so out of touch with reality.The U.S.A. has a program called "Boot Camp" for young offenders. Yes, it has to be funded and run normally, I believe,by serving militarypersonnel, but boy oh boy, does it get some good results!!We must have a few retiredRegimental Sargeant Majors, who would love the opportunity to revive their skills??

·
Registered
555 Posts
These mindless thugs lack discipline !Andthat'sthe point - they have no respect foranyone'sproperty and well being except for themselves.And think they can doi just what they like.
Bring back the CANE at schools !Let parents slap a backside or two
National Service mandatory !
The age of what i saw on TV - KIDS ! 14,15 AND 16 YEAR OLDS.Charge the parents too !
I have 4 kids 23, 21 10 and 6 . If any of mine brought me trouble they knew what to expect ! Period.Yes i have some old Fashioned values and they never did me any harm in growing up but put me on the straight and made me understand what is right and wrong. And none of them dare even swear in front of me !Despite the way i have put it across they all Love me to bits and give me great Respect ! And come to me for advice on how to handle situations inlife'severyday issues.
Being an ex miner too helped, You had to respect your elders and advice or end up dead ! Or your face punched in !
Boy did it make you grow up fast !
Edited by: snout

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As an ex member of the British Army, the military is not a parking area for sub class social rejects.

Our army IS the finest in the world and to contaminate it with these kind of people would have a severe impact on the level of professionalism and quality.

It is very easy for people to say "stick them in the Army"!

Whilst I did three active service tours in Ireland (two of which I was a commander), active service in Belize. I would in no way want a social reject under my command. They would be a liability!

I agree though with re-programming schemes like "boot camps"!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi My twopenneth....<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
It says something about the society we live in when the reaction to rioters is to inflict violence on them.... Don’t think this works history indicates that this makes the situation worse. The reason for the rioting will not be resolved by lowering ourselves to their level of behaviour but will be resolved when we confront the root cause. I don’t know the answer but employment may go a short way to helping.
Yobs frequently speed past my house which is on a country lane with scant regard for those that live in the village. Should I get a shot gun and take pot shots at the drivers? These yobs are usually driving hot hatch/urban turbos................
As for sending in the army what about the RAF or the navy? Sergeant Majors in my experience are the “personification of Bullies”, bringing them out of retirement may even spawn a new problem of retribution by those they have persecuted in the past!
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">‘Nuf’ said still pleased with my Juke wish the add ons were not so expensive.[/I]
Lister

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well we will never get to the rot cause period !They have been after that for years !
WE have to installdiscipline at a young age Hence national service and or boot camps!Whether you have been a commander or not or whatever role in society you have been into ,its all our responsibility to TEACH ! DISCIPLINE WHEN REQUIRED.
Not hide away from it saying they are not worthy to be taught ! I have in my family ex army and ex policeman / women , and we all agree that everyone should have a right to be learning skills and taught right from wrong - not saying they are a liability ! My brother in law after serving inIraqPART 1 , BOSNIA andIrelandis now working as a lorry driver Taking white goods into London and hes not armed with a ham sandwich - i can tell you that ! And further more is more than happy to teach right from wrong ! Not thinking about just Himself !
Like i said before bring back the good old fashioned CANE at school !And yes use Plastic Bullets !And yes usewatercannons - and here is one for you ! ItsOKto use water canons in Ireland but not the UK ? GO FIGURE !
What really winds me up the most - IS WERE ARE THE PARENTS ! Is it these parents who have missed the Cane at school and say you cant do that you cant do this - HENCE THE STATE WE ARE IN NOW.
Hats off to the community in Enfield i think it was last Night - where Proud DADS patrolled there streets to protect their Families

WE HAVE GONE TO SOFT TODAY ! AND NEED A REALITY CHECK BECAUSE THIS WILL GET WORSE IF WEDON'T!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I was raised by my parents and was taught right from wrong (and had the occasional clip round the ear)There is a big difference between discipline and violence.What I think the majority of people want is respect each other, and justice served to those who breakdown society.I think this quote from Dr Martin Luther King hits home"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate.In fact, violence merely increases hate. So it goes. ... Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

·
Registered
555 Posts
I agree, whole 100%But someone a little higher - alleged saidAN EYE FOR EYE !
Dont get me wrong , iDontstrike the fear of god into my kids and i do let them go their own way in life. Its just so frustrating watching these HOODIES / SCUM.
Oh and i have BANNED HOODIES / CLOTHING on my Kids - just a rule, due to the look it throws out in society.
I have many arguments in house with my misses and she is well younger than me and has a different view point - (you cant smack them now) she says , But when she cannot handle them ITS WAIT TILL DAD GETS HOME LOL.
And i hope any of these Juveniles under age involved , That their parents are brought up before the courts and set examples off !

1 - 20 of 50 Posts