Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed this three or four times. I'm turning a sharp right onto
a slight incline to enter a parking lot and hear a "scraping" sound as I
pass over the ramp area and/or completing my turn.

I know I'm not really scraping anything on the road surface, as we have 7" ground clearance and nothing is hanging down low.

I can't understand what this could be, but the sound is not pleasant. I
think so far this is only when turning right into a lot, as opposed to
left.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi darex,

Not come across this, Next time you are doing this why not get some one out of the car to look, watch and try to locate where the noise is coming from. Then you can update us

JOW

·
Registered
561 Posts
i think its something with the servo, i had cars before who maid that sound i you turn the stearingwheel all the way.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I get this too, happens to be a left turn into our carpark that I get it on though. Only happens when going a little fast into the incline so presume it is tyre scrub on the wheel arch or something like this - can't see any damage from scrubbage though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tim, as I am in the USA, it's both instructive and somehow expected that my RH turn phenomenon becomes your LH turn phenomenon.

Still, I have no idea what it means. Any Juke mechanics out there who can speak to this? I'll have to look for "scrubbage" marks on mine, but it does sound like a "scraping" of some sort. It does happen with a rapid, full-turn off the road and into a lot, and it is hand-biased: left-hand turns for RHD Jukes and right-hand turns for LHD JUKES. ???

·
Registered
540 Posts
I once had a creaking problem with a new car which was due to one of the sub-frame bolts being cross threaded at build time.
This meant the engine had to come out so car was in garage for one week.
Not saying that this is the same fault but, mine only happened when I reversed up an incline into the drive with left full lock - if that makes sense.
Like this new word scrubbage... any others that you folks use that aren't in every day speak?
We could make a new dictionary to pass the time when the little Jukies are being fixed.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Telly Ator, for the TV remote.

When the Brat was very little she loved playing with calculators, but she couldn't say the whole word, so she said "Ator".

Then when we got a TV with a remote, she named it the Telly Ator.

Now we mostly just say Ator, 'cos we're lazy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I get this as well, again when turning left going downhill. I'm in the UK by the way - I think it must be the tyre scraping something.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mine does this on a sharp left turn into my driveway. I have mudflaps fitted and was thinking the wheel could be scraping offone of them. Can't find any marks so I'm not sure about this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This must be acommon occurance on this car as me and my daughter have same car and both do the same noise on a r/turn but not all the time, might be down to how long your car has been running as mine seems to do it when cold.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My car is warm when it does it and does not sound mechanical so maybe its not the same thing as yours. I could try 4 space savers and see if it goes way. . . .

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same sort of noise when turning out of my drive. I suspected it was the front offside disc cover rubbing on the disc. This proved to be true when I took the Juke to the dealer for some other work the technician agreed that the disc cover was a bit too close to the disc and sometimes caught on it. He re aligned it and there has been no repeat of the noise.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Please dont take this as a stupid reply as it worked for me. This is also for anybody with rear end squeaks and groans.My diesel had terrible sqeaks, groans etc from the rear when I went over kerbs in to my drive, or when dropping off kerbs and sometimes when cornering, as the weight of the car shifted. I had read about the rear mounting rubbers and actually saw a photo of one and it didnt look good. However after checking mine and not finding any problem, I looked for something simpler that may move slightly when going over humps and kerbs, and I looked at the rear seat back rest mountings (the ones that hold the seats upright ). They were pure metal to metal with no lubrication so I put some vaseline on them and it solved all the rear noise creaks etc. They must move slightly and metal to metal is not nice but lubricated allows them to move without noise.I thought mine sounded serious but this action resolved the issue

·
Registered
46 Posts
Specialk said:
Please dont take this as a stupid reply as it worked for me. This is also for anybody with rear end squeaks and groans.My diesel had terrible sqeaks, groans etc from the rear when I went over kerbs in to my drive, or when dropping off kerbs and sometimes when cornering, as the weight of the car shifted. I had read about the rear mounting rubbers and actually saw a photo of one and it didnt look good. However after checking mine and not finding any problem, I looked for something simpler that may move slightly when going over humps and kerbs, and I looked at the rear seat back rest mountings (the ones that hold the seats upright ). They were pure metal to metal with no lubrication so I put some vaseline on them and it solved all the rear noise creaks etc. They must move slightly and metal to metal is not nice but lubricated allows them to move without noise.I thought mine sounded serious but this action resolved the issue

NOT silly at all, seen this remedy listed on the other Juke FORUM. Adding to that, clearly one of the differences between this forum and the other Juke forum is that they are actually working with Nissan on this issue. They have even had acknoweldgement from Nissan the issue is being looked at and a permanent remedy being worked on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts