Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Juke Acenta for about a fortnight now and my girlfriend pointed something out to me the other day.
When switching the engine on the Rev Counter seems to be in the 1 position and then it settles down to about 0.5 after 30 Seconds or so. But thenintermittentlyrevs up to about 1.5 and back down again without touching anything.
Is this normal? Is it because of the hot weather at the moment? Or is it something I need to talk to Nissan about?
I'd begratefulfor any feedback
Many thanks

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
My DIG turns over at about 2K and the goes up and down from 1-2 without touching the pedals. Once in gear and driving down the drive, when putting clutch in the Revs SHOOT up. I think the automatic choke is over sensitive.
Have also noticed the revs hanging high during gear shift but someone said this was to make changing gear more smooth -shrug-

·
Registered
38 Posts
I must say that having owned mine for a week now all the past issues are forgotten.

However a little more communication from the dealer during the 4 months I waited would have gone a long way to help, also the promised delivery dates that came and went...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Okay after driving mine for just over a week i am starting to get anoyed by the high reving when you start the engine for the first time in the morning. When the engine turns over the revs sit at about 2k RPM and is enough throttle for first gear to be to quick when driving out the driveway. Im starting to think that the built in choke is set to high. I wonder if this can be toned down. Maybe good for winter and really cold starts but not for summer :(
Might account for a lower MPG lol

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
It does the same thing Lady J. Since reading the manual were it says that for the first 1200 miles do not do cold starts ( i assume this means getting in and starting it with one push). So for the last few days have been getting in. Pushing the button once to turn the radio on. The twice to turn the ignition on, then put seatbelt on and then depressing the clutch and pressing the starter. Normal idle revs are around the half 1 mark so i would have thought that the choke would have brought it up to 1-1.5 not 2. I guess it sounds like i am needlessly revving the engine lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts