Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Juke out on the M1 (1.6 Acenta) for a few Hrs and it felt like it was revving quite high - approx 4500 at 70 - 80MPH - Does this seem normal?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
With todays cars its not normal, however with a five speed Juke...... It is
and yes it's annoying.

80mph = 4000 rpm in sports mode with mine

Lj xEdited by: Lady juke

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Not sure of the actual revs but what i do agree with is that the 1.6 really does need a 6th gear.Feels like its revs out of control above 60MPG... so very noisyFee xPS - the 1.6 Qashqai feels the same, thats why I got rid of that- ..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Would I be right in saying that the higher therpm the more Fuel the car is using.

I notice that my new Acenta dCi isrunning ataround 2800rpm at 70 MPH (In 6th Gear)which I find considerably lower than my previous 1.6 petrol Renault Megane which would be doing around3200-3800rpm (in it's top gear of 5th)at the same speed! The Renault always sounded like it was getting throttled when on the motorway while the Juke seems like it's just purring along.
Edited by: ILCattivo

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yeh, the Diesel is different as diesels don't need as high revs to have the same torque/power

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Just came back from London.
70 mph was about 3K
80 mph is around 3.5k
90 mph is just under 4K

However it is the Dig-T with 6 speed manual gear box.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
My only bug bear with the revs is at first start up. The auto-choke is set to high and keeps the engine revving at 2K for a short time while the engine warms up. Little embarrassing when trying to look cool, calm and collected but sounding like my foots stuck on the accelerator lol.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
meaga-byte said:
Just came back from London.

70 mph was about 3K

80 mph is around 3.5k

90 mph is just under 4K

However it is the Dig-T with 6 speed manual gear box.
YOu didnt ..... did you.... really go at 90????No officer, I dont thinkI didFee x

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
hahaha, only for a very short time. The engine hasnt bedded in yet (1200 miles)
and the manual says not to exceed 4k RPM. For the 120 mile trip i used cruise control set at 80 and only did 90 when over taking or getting through a tricky spot IE a truck in 2 out of the 3 lanes :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
The revs are pretty normal for smallish petrol cars tbh.
Our Beetle pulls about 4k at cruising speed and I know I've had other small cars which are similar (Fiesta/Puma, Poloetc)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts