Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Has anyone experienced any issues with not being able to select Reverse Gear.

I have a 1.6 DiG-T Manual Petrol ( Tekna Spec)
This morning, having parked in the garge overnight,I could not engage reverse and thus unable to back the car out...
RAC - Nissan Assistance called and confirmed that there was an issue - No SH** Sherlock!!
( The Rac Patrol guy was really good though and very helpful- so Top Marks to him)
The fun really began than at the dealers , about how I was going to secure getting a replacement car to keep me on the road!!! Dealer had no car free for at least 2 days , and Nissan Assist RAC saying it was their reponsibility to provide one or arrange alternative transport ( I was Piggy in the middle)

To cut a long saga short I have now got a hire car for a short while until they sort out what the issue is.......
I will be taking this up with NCS as to why I have been passed from pillar to post ... and someone somewhere needs a Rocket!!! more later .

Anyway would really like to know if other Owners have had this issueeither with the Gear problem or Nissan Assist!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Oh no --- not good

I cant recall anything similar - although the main grumble is notchy gears.....

I really do hope you get this sorted out and quick

Keep us posted on what exactly they say and let us know what NCS are going to do

Fingers crossed

Fee x

EDIT - I had a wee look through faults and fixes and came across this post -
http://www.jukeownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1450Edited by: feefeeglasgow

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sometimes reverse doesn't engage, but if you let the brake off and let the car roll a bit it engages properly

·
Registered
70 Posts
Been there done that, see my post under technical back in October when my gears jammed in 5th and reverse mid parking in busy hospital car park. RAC rescued me. New gear box installed all this with only a couple of hundred on the clock!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi there, just catching up on postings..
The problem turned out to be a piece of plastic that had dropped into the slot preventing reverse gear to be selected. I have got the offending article - looks like something used as a protective plug/ cover that had come off something and dropped in at the factory. I'm in discussion with NCS and waiting for the dealer to send me a copy of the report they send through to NCS. Dealer promised it this week but still waiting butI will be chasing. !!!!! once I have it I'll send a picture to NCS to see what they have to say.I want then to investigate further as someone will knowwhat this piece of plastic is!!! have to say though that the dealer and NCS dont seem that bothered but if thats the case and they think I'm about to let it drop they are very mistaken..... Watch this Space ..

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think this is a one off! I have not heard of any issues with the 6-speed box on the dig-t

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had problems with my gears too, had my Juke since March and it was always a little stiff changing gear BUT on 3rd June it decidede not to engage in any of the 6 available to it!!! in the middle of a busy junction at red lights!!! Great. HAd to push to side of the road and get Nissan Assistance out ( RAC to you and me) Towed to dealership and was given a hire car for the weeken as part of the RAC package.
Juke wasn't sorted after a week and had real problems extending the hire and eventually got courtesy car from dealer ( a Micra!!) Also got a bill for the hire car from EuropeHire. Spent 2 days on telephone between Nissan and RAC to sort this out but was eventually credited with the money.
The fault ( I am told ) is the slave cylinder on the gearbox and this has been sent back to Nissan. It is now 30th July and I am still awaiting the part to fix the car.
I think I enjoyed driving the car and I loved the funky shape but have now been a Micra driver for 2 months. There must be other problems with the gears out there???

The reverse gears issue is certainly NOT a one off as brownjnr believes ( 10th April)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Ok, I have a 6 speed and no problems so far, in fact to best I have driven. Would be interesting to know if any other 6 speed petrol drivers have this issue.
Kats

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
hi ,unhappy,we have 6 speed dig t.since end of march,done 4000+ miles no problems with gears,only short carpets,but thats another thread

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sorry to hear the problem poplady, hope they sort it soon. Should have got a CVT! - no notchy gears to worry about, 1800 Revs @ 70mph and averaging 46.8 MPG

·
Registered
70 Posts
This will be my very last post as I no longer own a Juke having sold it because of gear problems and total lack of confidence in the gearbox albeit it was the 5 speed petrol. Somewhere on here is a posting I made in October when the car was 3 weeks old andthegearbox jammed mid parking! Luckily it was solved in a weekwith a new gearbox being installed. I know it was not just my carthat felt notchy as I test drove another a few days beforetaking ownership of mine as this wasback in Septemberwhen there were no demo's to try out and that toowas very clunky.
Both the demo and my car turned up at the dealership on the same lorry back in September.

I had previously driven bigger, more powerful, high end cars. Anyway, good luck and hope the car and your confidence in it are restored very soon. I miss the car but certainly not that gearbox.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks to all of you for your comments, I'm still wihthout my Juke and running around in the courtesy Micra!!! Told will now be mid August when they get the part needed. Keep seeing other Jukes passing me......... Agh

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
@ unhappy jukie could you clarify what model you have so we know which gearbox you are complaining about thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
Unhappy jukie, request a juke as a courtesy car from your dealers. I have been in one since 30th May. It was a demo car that I was given. This was then taken back on 30th June when the road tax ran out, but I was given my old juke back. I am still in this until my new one is collected.

Hope you get sorted out very soon. Keep the post updated for us all.

xx

·
Registered
30 Posts
Early days with my Juke DIG-T but my CVT seems to have a very weak reverse gear.
I was backing up a not-so-steep incline and with around 3,000 rpm the car barely moved.
I was expecting more power.
Any experiences on this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Issue with gear box

I've had issues, last night my juke got stuck in gear. I was reversing off a friends drive put it in 1st and that's we're it got stuck. I called out the aa who then forced it out of gear, not happy will be ringing the dealership 1st thing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts