Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for some reason my ipad won't let me post on here. So anyway trying again on different computer. My Juke got a stone chip on the 5th January, which is now a growing crackand I've been waiting since then to get it replaced because Nissan aren't providing the screen trim to the windscreen repairers. I just wondered if anyone else has had a similar issue with Nissan providing replacement screens and trims and also, how on earth do they change a screen when the wipers can't be moved past the bonnet?

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've had 2 alarming chips. They haven't grown. Yet. Luckily.
Yours not to worry about the replacement method. Let someone else do that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Acrorat, will try that.
Jayannlay, normally I would just let them get on with it and not worry, but after a month you start to get a bit annoyed about waiting and watching the crack move across the screen. Plus now I am wondering how they will do it, if they ever do and now I am told autowindscreens arerubbish at their job! I just want my Juke fixed..sigh

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
to remove wiper arms off screen, read handbookfor instructions. turn ignition off and with in 5 sec activate wiper switch and this puts wipers in service position
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
deks36 said:
to remove wiper arms off screen read handbook turn ignition off and with in 5 sec activate wipe switch and this puts wipers in service position

Do we have to read the handbook every time? Or will it work if I just follow the above instructions from "Turn ignition off ........."

·
Registered
202 Posts
Getting the windscreen replaced is no hassle whatsover...Mine took a couple of weeks from first call to the insurance company to Autoglass completing the job (It would have been quicker but the first windscreen was delivered without the trim). The job was completed in about three hours or so but you can't drive the car for an hour afterwards until the glue has cured.

·
Registered
329 Posts
acrorat said:
On the IPad, disable WYSIWYG. That oughta do it
Hi mate - how do you do this?

I have the same prob with my ipad.

Ive googled it, but cant see a clear answer....

cheers

andy

·
Registered
167 Posts
Went out for Valentines last night, nice Indian restaurant in a village called Cultcheth, some of you from Lancashire may know it...

Returned to the Juke to find the rear window had been bricked...leaving a big gaping hole where my rear windscreen used to be...
phoned the insurnace emergency glass line last night, phoned back by bolton glass company, who said they have to wait till morning to phone Nissan dealer to find the glass as no-one stocks it (same story as JayStar). not had the call back yet if not called by 10 I'll ring them back.

Car isn't really drivable as its not secure, but if I'm in for a long wait - how do I go about getting a replacement vehicle? any ideas

I'm with Churchill full Comp, but dont see why I should have to put more expense on insurance company when glass supply is not their fault - that is if they will off that service for Glass

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Sorry to hear what happend there is real scum about and they breed like rats!I'd speak to the Insurance company and see what they suggest as they will have dealt with this situation before.I have my windscreen used as target practice for bottle throwing one christmas, ended up leaving the car at the windscreen repair so at least it was protected as they didn't have the screen in stock, but I had a second car as a back up. so didn't have the same situation.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Thats terrible, sorry to hear that( and that on valentine). I really dont untherstand why they do stuff like that...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I'm still waiting and now Autowindscreens have gone bust! So thats 6 weeks waiting and no replacement screen. National windscreens are trying to help but don't understand the issue over the trim either and say there are none in the country! I asked Aviva if I would be entitled to the courtesy car thats on my insurance policy if the crack makes the car illegal to drive eventually and they said its not provided for glass damage, only vehicle damage. What the heck are Nissan doing by not providing enough replacement parts for the Juke???? Its not invincible!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes and I have been waiting all this time for nothing. I am beginning to think I will never get a new windscreen :(

·
Registered
167 Posts
jaystar - have you tried Nissan - what have they said - try both your dealer and NCS

1 - 20 of 30 Posts