Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm brand new to the forum and relatively new to driving too, so hoping that someone on here can help me out!

We have a 2012 Juke Acenta, 1.6 petrol.

Someone knocked the driver side wing mirror off yesterday and I've been quoted almost £400 for replacement by the Nissan dealer! We also had the passenger one kicked off and it's been held on by tape for about 5 months so I'm keen to replace both. I've been quoted a good price for a pair from a breakers yard (£130 each plus £10 delivery) so keen to take advantage but I want to make sure they will fit.

The ones the breakers yard has are heated and electric. Ours were electric, but not heated. Will these be compatible and will they fit if I try and replace them?

Really appreciate your help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can't tell you if they will definitely fit but I would imagine if they are from a mark 1 like yours they should.

You may find that you get lucky with yours being a 2012 and that you have the new wiring loom in the door for heated mirrors already but not the heated glass elements, if you do have the new loom its a plug and play upgrade. I striped my door down on my 2012 and we have the older non heated mirror loom. If that the case all the plugs will fit, you just won't have any heating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
:eek:Hi , new to the forum, looking for a bit of info.

Had my passenger wing mirror smashed off by a pheasant last week - completely sheared off so requires a completely new unit. The local Nissan garage quoted me £250 +VAT for the part only...... plus fitting :eek:

I've been looking around and found a couple a used one for a quarter that, and a new one from Nissan Parts GB at £150.

My question is, how easy is it to fit? Has anyone on here actually replaced one? I understand that the interior door panel needs removing, this seems quite tricky and potential for me to damage......

Would appreciate any tips or instructions on the process.

thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've sourced a used one from a breaker for £100, but it's got a different colour cap. thought about taking the original off of my broken mirror (still intact( but have read on the forum about problems snapping clips when trying to change the wing mirror covers. Anyone changed the cap without snapping them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
looking at the broken wing mirror sans glass, I can see three clips holding on the back cover, but no amount of manoeuvring of the mirror mechanism will reveal the fourth clip. Looks like I have to break the 4th clip on both covers in order to switch them....:(

Unless anyone has a better plan?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not one for working on cars but finally got round to trying this. Was amazed at how super easy it was, took me 10 mins with no need to remove the door panel as suggested in other places. Here are the steps for anyone interested:

1. Pull off the triangular plastic cover on the inside of the door. It feels a bit tight, but just hook your fingers and pull, it's held on by three pop in clips. This exposes the three nuts holding the mirror in place, and the the slot in the door panel where the electric cable goes.

2. Unplug the electric cable. The slot is narrow, but with a gentle use of the fingers, you can pull the door panel back a couple more mm and get a long thin screw driver down to the plug - be careful not to pull too hard as I guess you could damage the door panel. Push on the clip with the screwdriver and pull the cable at the same time. The clip pops out without any fuss. Pull the cable clear.

3. Remove the three nuts holding the mirror in place. Push a cotton rag into the gap to prevent the nuts dropping inside the door panel if you happen to lose them. Start with the two bottom nuts, they are partly obscured by the door panel, but were easy to losen using a small 10mm spanner. Once loosened, unscrew by hand. Use a 10mm socket for the top nut so that you can hold onto the mirror itself with one hand at the same time.

4. Remove the mirror - it just pulls away easy.

5. Put the replacement mirror in place.

6. Replace the nuts - top one first with the socket, then the bottom two, again by hand, using the spanner to tighten.

7. Push the cable down through the slot in the door panel. Inserting the plug requires a little dexterirty, line it up holding the cable, and use the screwdriver to push it in place. It did not require any force, clipped in with minimal effort.

8. Switch on th eignition and test the electrics - worked first time for me.

9. Remove the cotton cloth and push the triangular panel back into place.

I got the wing mirror from a breaker on ebay for £120.00 (less than half the price quoted new from Nissan). Literally 10 mins to replace (quicker than typing this post), saving I don't know how much labour from Nissan. Hope this helps someone else in the same situation in future. I would have video'd the process but it was freezing cold and I didn't have another body to do the camera work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not one for working on cars but finally got round to trying this. Was amazed at how super easy it was, took me 10 mins with no need to remove the door panel as suggested in other places. Here are the steps for anyone interested:

1. Pull off the triangular plastic cover on the inside of the door. It feels a bit tight, but just hook your fingers and pull, it's held on by three pop in clips. This exposes the three nuts holding the mirror in place, and the the slot in the door panel where the electric cable goes.

2. Unplug the electric cable. The slot is narrow, but with a gentle use of the fingers, you can pull the door panel back a couple more mm and get a long thin screw driver down to the plug - be careful not to pull too hard as I guess you could damage the door panel. Push on the clip with the screwdriver and pull the cable at the same time. The clip pops out without any fuss. Pull the cable clear.

3. Remove the three nuts holding the mirror in place. Push a cotton rag into the gap to prevent the nuts dropping inside the door panel if you happen to lose them. Start with the two bottom nuts, they are partly obscured by the door panel, but were easy to losen using a small 10mm spanner. Once loosened, unscrew by hand. Use a 10mm socket for the top nut so that you can hold onto the mirror itself with one hand at the same time.

4. Remove the mirror - it just pulls away easy.

5. Put the replacement mirror in place.

6. Replace the nuts - top one first with the socket, then the bottom two, again by hand, using the spanner to tighten.

7. Push the cable down through the slot in the door panel. Inserting the plug requires a little dexterirty, line it up holding the cable, and use the screwdriver to push it in place. It did not require any force, clipped in with minimal effort.

8. Switch on th eignition and test the electrics - worked first time for me.

9. Remove the cotton cloth and push the triangular panel back into place.

I got the wing mirror from a breaker on ebay for £120.00 (less than half the price quoted new from Nissan). Literally 10 mins to replace (quicker than typing this post), saving I don't know how much labour from Nissan. Hope this helps someone else in the same situation in future. I would have video'd the process but it was freezing cold and I didn't have another body to do the camera work.
Thank you so much for this post, it helped me replace my wing mirror myself, got a new one on eBay for £94 & just had to borrow a socket from someone as you can’t manoeuvre the spanner to get the top nut undone. Saved myself a good few hundred quid & very pleased with myself, thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts