Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to replace the front door speakers to something better. I have the 6 speaker system so assume the door speakers are mid/bass units.
My question is do I replace them with a pair of coaxials or specific mid/bass units? I will leave the stock tweeters as they are.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I plan to do the same thing as soon as i can.
At the moment i am trying to work out what power the connect head unit puts out so i ca buy the right spec speakers. As for the choice of coasual or mids i would personally go for the both :D
I, like your self plan to leave the tweeters as stock and replace both front and back door speakers with a 4-6" high/mids. If space allows the type of speaker that has 2 voice coils. Maybe 40 watt pioneers, JBL or vibes.
I do plan to put two 12" subs in the boot tho so the replacement door speakers wont be bass intensive at all.

·
Registered
912 Posts
meaga-byte said:
I plan to do the same thing as soon as i can.
At the moment i am trying to work out what power the connect head unit puts out so i ca buy the right spec speakers. As for the choice of coasual or mids i would personally go for the both :D
I, like your self plan to leave the tweeters as stock and replace both front and back door speakers with a 4-6" high/mids. If space allows the type of speaker that has 2 voice coils. Maybe 40 watt pioneers, JBL or vibes.
I do plan to put two 12" subs in the boot tho so the replacement door speakers wont be bass intensive at all.

I take it you are one of these guys, who drives around with the BOM BOM BOM music with your windows wound down so that everyone else has to suffer as well. You will be deaf by the time you reach 40

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
i often have the windows up :D
But not one of "those" guys as the boy racers tend to bang their music to loud with rubbish sound systems. Outside my car you cannot hear the words or the actual song. Only the bass beat. My sound has been known to set of car alarms hahaha :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Popped the passenger door panel off this morning to do a survey of what needs to be done & lost a couple of the white plastic poppers. Wifey none too pleased as I can't the put the panel back on.

Anyways it looks quite straightforward, I've ordered a pair of plastic spacers & some self adhesive sound insulation stuff. Just need to decide what speakers to use. A pair of coaxial JBLs look odds on as I'm confident of their sound quality.

Once that's done I'll look at adding an active sub under one of the seats, can't put a proper sub in the boot as wifey needs the space

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.