Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k. they may have a point about Blacks looking like London Cabs...
Take That where playing at Sunderland Stadium of Light(thats not we call it..) and my wife and daughter had to get the Metro back to Newcastle Central Station. This is in the middle of Newcastle and I was picking them up at midnight.This guy absolutely smashed out of his brains with the drink which is a common site in Newcastle late at night. I seen him staggering towards my Juke as I was in the car park awaiting just outside of the Train Station. I watched him stagger and I was worried that he was going to fall against my car. However he had both hands in his pockets as he staggered towards the car..Get the picture...
I had to laugh as he took out his hand out his pocket and tried to grab for a handle that he thought would be half way down the rear door ...As you know most people getting in the back of the Juke don't see the handle at first. Anyway he was there grabbing thin air....I winded my window and tried to tell him I was not a taxi (black cab)...He said in a drunken slur he just wanted to get home ....I said look mate I am not a taxi and thought I would have to drive off or get out of my car and push him away so that he did not kick the car or scratch it... Eventually he wondered/staggered off looking of a Black Cab.....
Ouch
I am sure the Reds and Whites will have a great deal of fun on this but I thought I would share as it was so funny later when I thought about it....but did not find it funny at the time as I was worried about him kicking the car e.t.c... runs for cover.....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did not see them myself but the missus and daughter thought the last concert was better and Robbie stole the show.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Take that were very good. I saw them at the Stadium of light the night before driving down to the Gaydon meet. We only went to see them because the Robster had rejoined the band. The duchess said that as I'd dragged her to see Oasis twice it was my solemn duty to accompany her. I was still trying to get out of going just days before the concert, but I'm glad I went in the end. Sunderland's stadium is quite nice.( Sorry Gazza). I must get up there to see some of the big premier teams in action when they visit.They struggle to get the crowds in and I can never get tickets to Anfield to see the big names. There's onlyso many times you can watch WBA play there.
Gazza, you may have started a black Juke/ taxi string of jokes.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Gazza90000 said:
Did not see them myself but the missus and daughter thought the last concert was better and Robbie stole the show.
those stoke boys will take anything that is not screwed down

1 - 8 of 8 Posts