Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the FM radio presets sets, yet when I use the channel up and down toggle switch on the steering wheel it goes through all sorts of stations rather than just the preset ones.
The manual suggests it should go through the presets only.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure on that one Silverjuke. I

f it makes you feel any better mine does scroll through the presets! Is there anything within the audio options? Only area where I think that you could alternate the steering control options. I'll have a wee look tomorrow

·
Registered
4 Posts
Silverjuke

I have the same issue with my pre-sets. I have not found anything in the audio options that will change the way the steering wheel toggles work. Still I must try reading the manual.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone fathomed this one out?
According to the manual the steering wheel channel toggle should move through the radio pre-sets, but mine moves through the whole radio channel list.
If I could remove from the radio tune list some channels, that would help, but I don't know how to change the tune list either.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Silverjuke - I hadn't noticed this but its exactly the same on mine - a bit of a nuisance...but I dont use the function too much so no great shakes.. Would be good to know how you get on though

Fee x

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Juke-of-earl said:
Short press should change the preset.

Longer press should make is search for the next signal .
Actually long press saves the current playing station as the preset.
That wasn't my problem.
What I want is for the scroll switch on the steering wheel to scroll through the presets. At the moment it scrolls through every station on the FM list - about 30 of them!
Edited by: silverjuke

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ops. so the books wrong then.

Read that bit of the PDF version of the owners manual.
Do you mean you have 30 presets?
or is it 30 FM stations available in the area you are?
you can go in and check the system or reset it too factory speck.
There is a bulletin about making sure demo mode is off,Sometimes it can get accidentally switched on.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
30 FM stations in my area. It scrolls through the lot; if they are showing on the screen and I use the steering wheel scroll switch, you can see it scrolling through the lot.
Its a bit annoying as some of them are odd piratey stations.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, the presets work fine, the buttons remember the preset and you can change them to the current station with a long press and the radio moves to the preset station with a short press. So the preset buttons work as they should. The only problem is that the steering wheel scroll switch scrolls through the station list rather than the presets.

Maybe it is the manual that is wrong?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As FeeFee and Bob have the same issue, maybe it is the manual that is wrong.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
tried it twice in my to see what happens and mine too only scrolls thru whole list and not the presets
though this doesnt bother me as i only listen to world service lol I dont think so

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
deks36 said:
tried it twice in my to see what happens and mine too only scrolls thru whole list and not the presets
though this doesnt bother me as i only listen to world service lol I dont think so
So that is 4 of us. Maybe that's the way its meant to be.
Its a pain because there are 3 different stations on the list that call themselves "Heart".
Also my presets graduate from the kids stations down to mine, so scrolling is useful:
1- Radio 12- X FM3- Magic4 - Heart5 - Capital6 -LBC
and someone has put 5 live on preset 5 on the AM.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I just tried one in a note and when you click on fm list its just the stations in order of signal strength I'm guessing .you can click though them.even past the limit of the display window . Turning the selector scrolls.though the list.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Although it's not clear in the manual, the function to scroll through the presets is only available on the Standard audio.. the Nissan Connect unit does not support it....

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
there we are everyone a simple answer
and might explain why some say it does

good to know you upgrade somethings, only to find they are not as technical as lower spec

ah well manual change of stations from now on, connect citizens

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
5523_Juke said:
Although it's not clear in the manual, the function to scroll through the presets is only available on the Standard audio.. the Nissan Connect unit does not support it....
At least I now know. Thank you!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
deks36 said:
there we are everyone a simple answer
and might explain why some say it does

good to know you upgrade somethings, only to find they are not as technical as lower spec

ah well manual change of stations from now on, connect citizens
Agreed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very relieved to have found something on the internet about this. I got my Juke DIG-T yesterday and found out about this issue after a couple of hours. Very disappointed with the lack of this feature as it takes away the point of having steering wheel controls. I will bring it up with Nissan when I receive the feedback call. Having said all this, the car is great and the 190bhp is fantastic. I think we should all contact Nissan thought with this issue and see where we get. What u all think ?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts