Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,i took delivery on my juke at the end of Nov,only for it to be recalled 3 weeks later,5 weeks on and still haven't had it back.It is something to do with the brakes but the service manager says he is waiting for nissan to give him more details.Does any else know what it could be? another thing bugging me is i'm paying for something i don't have.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Recall? What model? That is out of order. Serves us right for getting a brand new model, I suppose. Does anyone know if the Juke has more bugs than the average new model?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was the acenta,can't remember much more about it,it's been so long,don't mind it going back to be fixed,but i do mind being left in the dark,when i asked the sale person how long it might be,they were'nt even aware it was recalled!!!!!!(had to ask sales as service was out)

·
Registered
540 Posts
5 weeks is ridiculous. Salesman82, is it not a case of 'Not fit for purpose' and hand the keys back, get a different vehicle, swap, something?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Brakes not working? Not like a glitch with the sound system, is it?!

Send the bUgger back!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Salesman82

Sorry to be a moan but I don tthink it should be up to the dealer to fix the issue - it is clearly a build issue and as such should go straight back to NISSAN uk. The right thing to do in this case would be replace like for like at no extra cost with a few add ons for the inconvenience.

My Renault Megane was in for 6 out of the first 8 weeks and Renault replaced that as a gesture of goodwill.

It has spoiled the overall experience of buying a NEW car. You dont want one that has been through the mill and back, stripped down and feeling soiled...

Its the right thing to do - if they cant remedy the problem by now - its a major fault and should be scrapped

Give the poor soul a car at least

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
another member on here had an issue with his brakes twice I believe it had 2 seperate visits to the garage he went onto to successfully reject the car and get a new replacement I cannot remember his name but if I find the topic I will post a link to it here.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
salesman82 said:
No i totally agree with Fee, I'd def get in touch with Nissan Customer services thats the only way to get that road to changing started.
But if its the fault that I'm thinking off it wasn't a major fault.

Hope you get some answers soon please keep me informed

Thats why its maddening - if it is a small fault and easily repaired - why hasnt it been fixed for 5 weeks??

I really do feel for owners who have issues like this. You pay a premium for the joy and prestige of owning a NEW car - not one that techs have been ripping apart for weeks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think i am going to ask for a replacement car,if it is case of contaminated brake fluid and it is taking them 5 weeks to fix,doesn't fill me full of confidence for the future.
thanks for your posts glad other folks agree with me,
hope they don't try to fob me off with free mats and a tank of petrol..
will keep folks updated,i was supposed to be getting a phone call this morning....maybe they'll ring this afternoon....

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
If your car is on a finance deal - go to the finance company - you have to write to them to reject the car. They will give you advice. also trading standards are amazing

GOod luck

Fee x

1 - 14 of 14 Posts