Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went into my nissan dealer today to have the O/s rear door religned only to be told it will have to come in for a recall on the brake servo 2hr job , first the run car up to temp then do a test? then let it stand for 1hr then retest , dont known if its all jukes or just tekna's i will try to find out ....

·
Registered
105 Posts
the Brake Servo uses exhaust manifold pressure to assist the brake pedal, if you try the brakes with the engine off the servo will lose its assistance hence you have to apply more pressure to get the same affect... they rarely go wrong unless there is a leak...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It assist with breaking ( engine running) so you dont have to use as much foot pressure on the brake pedal

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Thanks Guys..... one more lesson learned!!!

Fee

Robbohog - could you post whether its the DIgTs or for ALL??

Cheers
Fee Edited by: feefeeglasgow

·
Registered
81 Posts
Scoobie Doo said:
the Brake Servo uses exhaust manifold pressure to assist the brake pedal, if you try the brakes with the engine off the servo will lose its assistance hence you have to apply more pressure to get the same affect... they rarely go wrong unless there is a leak...
Forgive me if I'm wrong but doesn't the servo use the vacuum from the inlet manifold !!!!

Edited by: Deej

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
cant speak about the Juke but every car i've ever worked on the brake servo is fed from the inlet manifold

1 - 8 of 8 Posts