Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone show pics of what you see when the rearview camera is on please. How accurate is it and how good is it (apart from the obvious) compared to conventional parking sensors?
I've never had this before or seen one in operation.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
it would be best to see it and judge for your self it gives a good view but i personally cant get to grips with it and keep waiting for the crash, however others say its excellent and they have no issue with it at all. Like you I would prefer the audible bleep you get from sensors but i am certain once mastered the camera will be great

·
Registered
754 Posts
I love it and I'm a terrible and nervous parker.
You can see the edge of the car, so you can work out how near you are to the object. The traffic light coloured markers guide you in, at the end of the red zone you have about a foot/ 30cm between you and the object. I've used it to park almost buff against the object.
The guide lines also mean you can see when you are in line with bay markings.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Good picture.
That blue/ silvery block just above the writing is the bumper of the car, so you can clearly see when you are getting near.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
silverjuke said:
Good picture.
That blue/ silvery block just above the writing is the bumper of the car, so you can clearly see when you are getting near.
how silly do i feel never realised that and worse still the obvious has been pointed out by a woman

·
Registered
29 Posts
How does the camera perform in the dark? Does the reversing light illuminate enough for the camerea to pick things up?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
its the way my book tells me to answer things mick

yes the camera works well in the dark the reverse lights do help

·
Registered
754 Posts
deks36 said:
silverjuke said:
Good picture.
how silly do i feel never realised that and worse still the obvious has been pointed out by a woman
I'll forgive you if you can explain how you can get the scroll on the steering wheel to scroll through just the radio presets, not every radio channel listed.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
unfortunately being a man i dont do reading instructions but i will promise to see what i can fathom out next week, was going to say have a play or fiddle with it but worried about response from 12"

mind you I will have to put some stations in the preset first btw you know that the systems will display all locally available stations on screen

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all. It's a big help

·
Registered
58 Posts
Guys i have just ordered the Tekna which comes with the reversing camera as standard. I too was somewhat perturbed by the lack of audible warnings when we took one for a test driveparticuarly as I already haveaudible rear sensors on my X Trail so am used to that friendly beep beep!I have therefore ordered the Tekna to be fitted with Rear parking sensors as a good back up.I think Nissan should look at this issue and have the rear camera and audible warnings as a joint package.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did have audible reversing sensors on my previous car. My Juke comes with just the reversing camera.

To be honest, I reverse as normal with a combination of mirrors and over the shoulder glances (the way it should be done), then reverting to the camera for final adjustments. Works perfectly and in the dark it's amazing how much light is given off by the reversing light and how the lens on the camera sees clearly using this light.

I have to say I prefer the camera to audio warnings especially with kids in the car as they both shut up squealing and are transfixed to the screen.

Edited by: MapleJuke

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ive bought a reversing camera of ebay and i need to know what i have todo to modify it so it will fitthe sat nav as its not an nissan 1, any directions and pictures would be very handy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts