Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just remembered at the end of my test drive I tried to be clever and reverse into a very large space only using the rear view camera, I only nearly took a Micra that was parked some distance away with me!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you've not used one before it can take a while to get used to it, but once you are you'll wonder how you ever managed with one

·
Registered
873 Posts
I did an amazing parallel park the other week in a space only just bigger than the car (probably 50cm clearance on one side and 20cm on the other), wheels up against the kerb and everything. No reversing camera required!

·
Registered
247 Posts
During my test drive, I only put it in reverse to show my wife why exactly we needed to get the premium pack - but I don't think I'd be able to rely on it for anything other than judging the distance to the kerb/other cars.

What are people's experience of it? Especially when turning into a space. I'm assuming the guide lines are fixed(?)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had a reversing sensor dealer-fitted in addition to the camera.
The camera just shows what's there - it does alert you the way the beeper does.
Eyes & ears

·
Registered
873 Posts
I'm always a bit wary of a device which encourages people to look away from where they are going... you can get tunnel vision by only looking at what the camera sees, and miss other things (like a bollard or obstacle in the corner)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Siemarque said:
  Eyes & ears
I was really hoping that being able to see something would be as good as a beeping sensor - better in some cases such as raised curbs and posts that might not be picked up.

I can see me testing it out with some soft, mobile objects to begin with!

·
Registered
659 Posts
It's a boon to me as I'm the world's worst parker. I can now reverse-park. No problem with it at all.

Except it is so damned easy that you can forget the ruddy huge wing mirrors and they don't always fit the space selected. Oops. I have scraped one because I wasn't vigilant.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was also thinking of getting rear parking sensors, but after exposing the case here in the forum i changed my mind and decided to keep the money as everybody told me that after get used to, the mirros and the camera are excellent. I guess i will soon prove it...

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Stormrider said:
I did an amazing parallel park the other week in a space only just bigger than the car (probably 50cm clearance on one side and 20cm on the other), wheels up against the kerb and everything. No reversing camera required!

Do you have one

·
Registered
100 Posts
Siemarque said:
Eyes & ears
How does your rear bumper look now? Any pics?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Lady juke said:
Stormrider said:

Do you have one
I have two reversing cameras fitted actually... one in my left eye socket, and one in my right eye socket! You can even transfer them from car to car :p

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Stormrider said:
I have two reversing cameras fitted actually... one in my left eye socket, and one in my right eye socket! You can even transfer them from car to car :p
Brilliant!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi i would like to put a reversing camera in my juke but don't know where to buy one from, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Sharpy , checkout acesdvds in the discount section , he sells and fits reversing cameras

Edited by: NISSAN FAN

1 - 20 of 22 Posts