Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">Just wanted to find out what people have been paying including fitting andpainting, my dealer has quoted £270 if it's ordered thesame timeas the car.
<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">
Also does anyone know how we stand with the warranty (ieanti corrosion) as the thought of the dealer drilling holes in a new car fills me withdred! I'm talking from experience with my Pathfinder and the constant battle with rust on the tailgate caused by the chrome finisher rubbing the paint away (a known issue but they can't seem to fix it).

·
Registered
113 Posts
silverjuke said:
deks36 is the expert on rear spoilers.
I'd second that - deks36 is the man for spoilers

·
Registered
210 Posts
As far as I remember the spoiler is stuck on with double sided special sticky stuff tape...no drilling needed

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello the rear spoiler requires the tailgate to have two holes drilled in it, so that a locating plug can be fitted. The spoiler is stuck on with double sided tape but needs the locators to line it up.
It does come with full fitting instructions, although I would recommend have it fitted by a professional. The price you have been quoted seems very reasonable if it includes the spoiler and fitting, also if any issues occur at least you can take it back to the dealer to rectify.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the £270 was all in, spoiler, painting and fitting quoted at 20% VAT as the car is due in April...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Why on earth would anybody want a spoiler? Are you going racing? Otherwise it is pointless expensive bling.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thats a bit of a strange statement, given we all have purchased a car that looks like an off roader but isnt, so it could therefore be argued that its pointless to buy a juke as it wont do what it says on the tin. It's all about personal choice is it not and I for one believe the car looks a lot better for having the spoiler.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have not bought one, my wife has or will when it arrives, but she could not be bothered to post on this site. As you say, it is all about personal choice. I love the look of the car and for me, a spoiler erm spoils it. Nothing odd about the statement at all.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I must admit I like the look of it with a spoiler and I'd really like one on mine but at the moment I can't afford paying £300 for something which is only cosmetic. If I could convince myself it served a useful purpose, then I might be able to persuade my inner self to order one!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Figured that adding £270 on a car that's list price is over 17k really didn't make much difference.

·
Registered
43 Posts
sdevlin said:
Yeah the £270 was all in, spoiler, painting and fitting quoted at 20% VAT as the car is due in April...
Looks like you got a bargain,i`ve paid £350 inc VAT for paint and for it to be fitted!oops

·
Registered
204 Posts
sdevlin said:
Figured that adding £270 on a car that's list price is over 17k really didn't make much difference.
Yeah, I wish I'd done it when I first got the car but I got it really early on and extras weren't so easily obtainable then.

·
Registered
329 Posts
roger48 said:
Why on earth would anybody want a spoiler? Are you going racing? Otherwise it is pointless expensive bling.
Hi Roger,

I actually agree with you.

Ive had a lot of cars over the years - BMWs, VWs, Toyotas, Fords, Nissans, Citroens, even Fiats.

The Juke is the ONLY car Ive ever owned where I didnt think a spoiler would make any difference to the looks! There are so many swooping lines / odd style features that I think £300 worth of spoiler would just make no difference and be barely noticeable.

Like I say, its not like me - normally bigger alloys and a spoiler are fitted within 3 mths of owning a new car, but as a first, I think the Juke just doesnt need it!

Andy

·
Registered
873 Posts
I agree as well, the spoiler is a pointless addition to me. It doesn't do anything aerodynamically, it's just for vanity and 'showing off'.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i think ours looks GREAT...£270 is a good price we paid £290. simmo.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's personal taste however I think the spolier gives the Juke a good sense of proportion. After seeing them fitted I feel one without a spolier looks very plain in comparison.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
this is me not showing off

this is me full of vanity and in FULL SHOW OFF MODE

Don't care if it has any aerodynamic benefits it looks the dogs with it

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
there you go with and without
YOU decide at the end of the day its your money
i'm happy with all the extras on mine

·
Registered
33 Posts
They should be £350 fitted, so £270 was a real bargain!
Also if the dealer has any sense, they will just throw the instructions in the bin, cut the plastic lugs off the spoiler, not drill the boot lid, and use sickerflex (windscreen bond/gunk/glue) to stick it in place. It will be more than strong enough. They must be mad if they actually drill the boot lid, even though thats what is meant to be done.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts