Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had to take off the rear parcel shelf because one of the little plastic screws which connects it to the back of the car has somehow gotten broken. I didn't want to leave it hanging by its remaining screw or getting damaged so I removed it. I've not been back to the garage yet but before I go I'd like to know is if this is covered under the car's warranty? Or will I be told it's wear and tear?
I have to say I was pretty unimpressed when I went to see just why the tray was hanging loose and discovered it had been bolted to the boot door by two flimsy looking plastic screws. I wonder how many people will run into this problem during the lifetime of their Jukes?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hi Julian and welcome, other people on here have had similar problems with those fixings breaking ( not screws though ) you have to treat them with the utmost respect, Tc
Happy New Year

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't go near the things at all. That's the most annoying thing. What i want to know is if the warranty covers them?

·
Registered
422 Posts
The rear parcel shelf in mine was removed and put into storage as soon as it arrived home from the dealer. The blacked-out windows makes it superfluous to requirements IMO and it might be damaged when the hatch is shut on something reasonably tall, like two bags of groceries on top of one another.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
can these screws not be modified with something more secure ??? , just for your own piece of mind

·
Registered
952 Posts
You'll have to talk to your local dealer, yes they're covered by warranty if they fail due to a manufacturing defect but if they're judged to have been broken due to the way they've been used then no they're not covered. I would imagine it's going to be hard to prove one way or the other but hopefully the dealer will be willing to put in a warranty claim for you.

·
Registered
407 Posts
On collection the salesman recommended not to remove the shelf, as it was very difficult to put back. Therfore we do not over fill the boot and as there is only two of us, the back seats are lowered to give more space when required. I do however wishe dthat the shelf was firmer as inmost other cars, so that small items could have been placed on it.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Those parcel shelf screws are a nightmare. One of mine came out and I couldn't get it back in properly. It eventually broke so my parcel shelf has been consigned to the back of the garage. At least I've got more boot space now, but shame on Nissan for making such a simple little thing incredibly difficult.

·
Registered
30 Posts
fixings are 15 pounds each but my local dealer has run out as so many break

·
Registered
952 Posts
I would never carry anything on top of the parcel shelf, if you're unlucky enough to have an accident even something quite light can do a lot of harm if it smacks into the back of your head.
But yes, I agree it's a very poor design, I've never taken mine off and hopefully will never need to.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mine will inevitably end up at the local tip. If you have tinted glass it doesn't actually serve any useful purpose AFAICS.

·
Registered
51 Posts
John_C said:
I've never taken mine off and hopefully will never need to.
Those of us with a dog don't have much choice. The salesmen even had us take a second test drive so that we could check our dog fitted in the boot. It's a bit tight for a collie but she's fine if she stands sideways!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've got to get two dogs into mine (Chow Chows) when it eventually arrives. I'm actually not convinced that the two will fit, in which case I'll have to drop one of the rear seats for when they're travelling with us.Which also sounds like the parcel shelf will be getting the big heave ho too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Julian,</font>
</font>My name is Bryanna and I am the Social Media Community Manager for Nissan. I'm sorry to hear about your problem with the screws in the rear parcel shelf. Have you managed to get it fixed yet? If not, please fill out this form and someone will get in touch ASAP. Thanks for your message and again, apologies for any inconvenience. Please send details to:[email protected]</font>
</font>Best,</font>
</font>Bryanna</font>
</font>--------------------</font>

Title:</font>
First Name:</font>
Last Name:</font>
Full Address:</font>
Email Address:</font>
Daytime Phone Number:</font>
Evening Phone Number:</font>
Mobile Phone Number:</font>
VIN/Chassis Number:</font>