Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this is in the wrong section, newbie here!

Yesterday and today, one of the rear doors opened but would not latch shut again. Literally just flapping about bouncing off the frame as we pushed it shut!

It's my wife's car, and I had gone to work, but she needed to take the kids to school. Luckily, my parents were on hand to come and get the kids and the door fixed itself as the day went on (no doubt as the temperature rose).

I went out this morning and it was exactly the same. So the car is completely useless as we can't drive with the door not latched.

Anyone else had this or know if Nissan will do anything about it???

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
952 Posts
If you're still under warranty I'd phone your dealer and book it in, it's not completely unknown, something to do with the grade of lubrication used IIRC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've only had it since November from new, so definitely under warranty.

I took it to them yesterday but it was working at this point. They blamed the cold, but we can't have this everytime it's cold so I was trying to workout whether it's a common problem and something they can fix.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Brittas, we have a Tekna here in Berlin and it has been down to -20C this year and we have had no problems but we did have a Webasto Heating System fitted when new. I also use on the Juke & Note Graphite Powder in all the lock systems / Lock De-Icer Spray (When needed) and Silicone Grease / Spray on all door and body rubber seals. As yet we have no problems hope this helps !

·
Registered
126 Posts
David, you take a lot more care about handling the cold than I do. I haven't done any of that. I do have mains-powered engine & cabin heaters but of course that doesn't help when the car is not parked near an electric socket, so it is regularly parked in the cold. I think the lowest temperature it has been parked in with no heating is -27C, and I have had not had any problems with the doors. I have found that snow can build up between the door and the sill, but even that hasn't caused any problem with closing the doors.
My conclusion is that brittas' problem is unusual rather than a generic problem with Jukes in cold weather. The Juke has other problems with the cold, but the door problem is not something I have encountered.

·
Registered
119 Posts
SJukeF, you are probably correct about spending time all I can say is "Retired". I do tend to over kill but if you are prepared for the cold weather then it is all the better. As you can see in the Juke rear we have a Toe Rope / Fire Extinquisher / Battery Jump Leads / Warning Triangle / First Aid Pack / Various Cleaners / Winderscreen Cover and of course the wifes shopping bag. Inside of the Juke we have Ice Sprays / Graphite Powder* / Lock de-Icer* (*also on person) / Warning Jackets / Shovel and a Seat Belt Cutter-Window Breaker. Some of these items are a "Must" here in Germany others essential ? but they help !

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I have about one quarter that amount, seated very nicely and accessibly in the under tonneau storage tray. As I have the AWD with spare wheel, space is more of an issue in the boot.

Handy hint, put anything that will fit (liquids, extinguisher, folding window squeegee, pair of spare shoes and socks) into a six wine carrier pack, and stand it behind the front passenger seat.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Acrobat, thanks for your comments on our "Survival Kit" but I forgot to mention the rug and the Coffee Fkask for when we get stuck on the German Autobahns. The spray bottles etc are contained in a bag with Velcro strips attached to the rear of the drivers seat.
I have never seen the Tray you have installed in the rear cargo area it looks interesting do you have any information on this ?. It appears to have a height restriction on what you can carry below it and within it when the Hatch Door is closed - is this correct ? Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
SJukeF, you are probably correct about spending time all I can say is "Retired". I do tend to over kill but if you are prepared for the cold weather then it is all the better. As you can see in the Juke rear we have a Toe Rope / Fire Extinquisher / Battery Jump Leads / Warning Triangle / First Aid Pack / Various Cleaners / Winderscreen Cover and of course the wifes shopping bag. Inside of the Juke we have Ice Sprays / Graphite Powder* / Lock de-Icer* (*also on person) / Warning Jackets / Shovel and a Seat Belt Cutter-Window Breaker. Some of these items are a "Must" here in Germany others essential ? but they help !

Good on you for being so prepared! My sister lives in Germany and her husband regularly changes to winter tyres. The amount of times I've had an emergency kit kept in the car only for it to be removed is ridiculous - I've given up. One of these days we will end up stuck in the middle of no where with no emergency kit in the middle of winter or on a highway with our child and dogs - it will be a big problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts