Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

my rear brake lights are not working on my 2012 Juke

The tail lights are but not the brake lights.

I'm guessing its the fuse but Jesus, I've googled this to death and i cannot find any answers to where the rear brake light fuse is locate

PLEASE HELP !!!

HEHEHEHEEH

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

I don’t think it’s the fuse as from memory it’s all one the one fuse for lights.

Sounds like it could be the switch on the break pedal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all.

I'm guessing its the fuse but Jesus, I've googled this to death and i cannot find any answers to where the rear brake light fuse is locate

PLEASE HELP !!!

HEHEHEHEEH

Thanks

Having similar issue.
I tried to change tail light bulb which is tail/brake all in one bulb W21/5W.
Was trying to change to led version but it didnt like so was putting back original bulb when it blew.
So i replaced with new bulb but didnt work.
I check fuse box by passenger door.all fuses seems ok and theres a fuse box in glovebox. All fuses ok.
Other side ok.everthing else working except the bulb

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

I'm having similar problem
I was trying to replace normal bulb w21/5 for tail light /brake light combined.
It didnt like it as the Nissan led on tail light didnt light up.
So I put back the original bulb and it blow so I put in a new bulb.
Theres the funny thing.
Other side of tail light work on passenger works and the tail light on driver side doesn't. The brake part of bulb works and but not tail.
Also noticed number plate light doesnt work
I check fuses on passenger side and all good and fuse box in glovebox and also good.
I checked fuse box which is front under bonnet but didnt check the black square box beside Battery under Airbox .
I opened before half ways but saw wires .I open fully ne t time.
  1. Also noticed another box on driver side wing under bonnet

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all.

PLEASE HELP !!!

HEHEHEHEEH

Thanks
Definitely the brake pedal switch. On the brake pedal there's two switches (dependant of model), a brown switch and a black switch. It'll be the black switch ABOVE the brown.

Pull the plastic trim from under the steering wheel after removing two pop clips and a threaded plastic nut. Stick your head under, remove the brown switch by turning anti clockwise by a quarter turn, pull it out for easier access to black.

Before you take them out, just be sure one hasn't come dislodged.

Once it's out, if the springy "button" on the end is not smooth or fluid when you push it in, or it doesn't come out all the way it's done. Get a new one for about £15.

This happened to me the other day, I checked all 3 fuse boxes first but they were all good. 😗

1 - 5 of 5 Posts