font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

<!-->

People's reactions
to my gorgeous haptic blue Juke always make me laugh. Here's a short selection:

Sister:
covers her eyes and shooks her head (I love her all the same)

Niece (12):
OMG… this is sooo cool! I love it! It's sooo great! (I love her)

Dad: Wow,
yes, well… it's a tall car…. but it's nice. Really nice. (He's always right. He's my Dad
)

Mum: No,
I don't like it. Well, no, wait, the rear side is nice… (Yes, it is
)

Husband: It
certainly is all wrong. You've got to squint to look at it. There's just the Fiat
Multipla uglier than this one. (He'll never drive it!)

Friend
(male): That's one wild beast. (Beast? No, it's a very civilised car)

Friend
(female): Wouldn’t you be better off with a nice Mini? (No, I wouldn’t. If I
wanted to drive a go-cart, I'd go to the fun fair!)

The more
they diss it, the more I love it
What did your friends and relatives say? Did you get other reactions?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mum ...... very nice, do you have parking sensors?
Me ..... no
Mum ..... I'll pay them for you
Me ......

................. after a pause

Me ......
Edited by: lorrfal

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
When I had mine

2 men stood outside a pub - pointed to the car and fell about laughing

Man in car wash - Jeez that is the ugliest thingI have ever seen.. (he clearly hadnt looked at his own face)

A man in a white van - stopped, jumped out of his van and congratulated me on the most stunning car he had ever seen.

But the best one yet was - the first day of ownership a man pulled up beside me at traffic lights and started videoing the car form his mobile, saying his brother was desperate for a JUKE and this was the first time he had ever seen one. Thought the car was amazing....

Plus numerous people stopped me in supermarket car parks and petrol stations to discuss the JUKE.

It is a beautiful car, so revel in all its glory!!!! - Enjoy your cars, theres simply nothing out there to match it!!! BE PROUD ......

Fee x

·
Registered
171 Posts
I haven't got the car yet, but i've shown friends pictures so they can see what im getting.I like to refer to it as a marmite car because reactions are always one extreme or the other.
The wierdest reaction I've had is one friend took one look at it and...
"Do you want me to be honest?"</font>"I love it so im not bothered, say what you think""I hate it!"</font>"Thats a bit strong, why?""Look at the front! It looks like an otter! Stupid otter car!"</font>"WTF"
Not sure anyones gunna beat that for a reaction, and I have no idea where the **** she got the idea it looks like an otter from! I'd also like to point out this isnt a child, it was a work mate.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Beranicus said:
"Do you want me to be honest?"</font>"I love it so im not bothered, say what you think""I hate it!"</font>"Thats a bit strong, why?""Look at the front! It looks like an otter! Stupid otter car!"</font>"WTF"

Brilliant.. I think otter car will stick. :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
My other half told me not to insure him on it as it is unlikely that he will ever set foot it in ............................... GET IN THERE. WISH I'D BOUGHT ONE YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Like it Flynn, wish mine was the same, he keeps taking it at weekend and returning it with NO fuel in it xEdited by: Kats

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I have comments like"Where does the perming solution go?" to "I love it"My little niece thinks "its Cute" Thats my favourite comment

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have had a few odd reactions when I show pictures to people - I too tell them that it's ok for them to hate it because it's a marmite car and I already know I love it

·
Registered
416 Posts
My fiancée absolutely hated it right from the test drive. She nearly died when I said I was going to buy one.
I purchased last December and slowly but surely she is coming round to my way of thinking now.
This reaction from someone who drives a KIA Rio, she's having a laugh.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
We all loved the Juke in our family. Friends like it( or are too polite to say otherwise)
Work colleages reactions...Mostly good but had a "it looks like one of those amphbious cars" and also "looks like some sort of dune buggy".. The Duchess put it on her Facebook and got lots of great comments back.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Kats said:
Like it Flynn, wish mine was the same, he keeps taking it at weekend and returning it with NO fuel in it x
You and me both Kats. For someone who said 'are you sure you want THAT one', he sure as **** spends the weekends in it!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Reactions were quite mixed...I could probably divide them into the male and female reactions. the men mostly commented that it looked awkward with the bulging lights, too little space, too expensive, underpowered...The women on the other hand almost all like it. The best reaction I got was from a little boy at this food place we stopped on our way when we picked up the car. When the mother pointed out the car to him, the kid became extatic and started smiling and laughing as if he got his xmas presents. It really was the best reaction. Other than that I just saw people checking out the car in the parking lot in front of work and they seem pretty thrilled about it as well.
But on the road you see heads turning all the time...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Husband - when can I have a drive?? (errr not yet!) & has named it Gilly's Red Sexy Vehicle (plate ends in RSV)

Sister - yeah it's nice (very nonchalant - possible a bit green eyed..although she has a 11 plate fiesta!)

Brother in law - no comment, just pretended to drive into it!!

Colleagues - no comment (ha ha)

Friends & 'nice'colleagues - love it!

Niece - has named it Gilly's Red Silly Vehicle ... Bless!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts