Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a letter to day from Nissan about a software error with the {ECM}can cause an incorrect signal to be sent to the {ESP] system this can lead to the ESP light illumminating and the ESP function switching off. As any one had this letter?or has any ones juke had this problem?.I have spoke to my Nissan dealer and the juke is safe to drve and will be haveing the ECM reprogrmmed on the 30/12/2010 will take 30 minutes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi John

We had the same issue when we first picked up the car. it went into the dealer about 3 weeks ago and was sorted with a software update - no problems now.

Maybe as one of the first dci's we let nissan know there may be an issue.

Fran

·
Registered
175 Posts
I asked about this as I have a 1.5dci as well... It turns out that thisissueonly affected a very small number of dieselcars at the launch... it should have beenfixed by the dealer at PDI unless of course you were lucky enough to get one of the few that got throughvery quickly !!

Anyway, take it back and get the ECM reflashed and all will be well...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I was advised it was only affecting cars manufactured on 28 or 29 October so should only affect a small number of vehicles.

Hope you all get it sorted out without too much fuss

Its to be expected for a new model I suppose to have a few teething problems

Fee x

·
Registered
64 Posts
Fee

Not sure about the manufactured dates - we only picked ours up on 6th nov and I beleive it was at the dealers on 2nd or 3rd nov, so it would have to have been built pretty quickly!!!

Fran

·
Registered
206 Posts
I havent had a letter yet, but suspect my esp light is a bit wrong. Mind you its hard to tell in this weather (I'm snowed in today), and I certainly cant make it to dealers in Inverness anyway until the weather improves.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi Marie

I got my car the same date as yours so would them to be built roughly the same time.

I haven't noticed anything suspect with mine but if it is being recalled - I would find out soon enough

Fee

PS - good luck with the snow Marie - hope you dont get snowed in for too long

·
Registered
379 Posts
My last car was a Merc Slk 230,the ESP,ABS and Engine lights were always coming on,used to drive me wild and cost £50 every time to get the codes cleared.I hope the Jukes do not have the same problems electrically/electronically.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well I got the recall letter today

I knew the esp light wasnt doing what it should. It will have to wait til the coldsnap ends as I cant get to Inverness at the moment (250 mile round trip).

·
Registered
443 Posts
The recall is dependent on the numpty that was programing the ECM,s that day ,using the wrong file.They know what goes were and all the cars affected .
If you get tge esp light on warm the car up a little turn it of and re start it .it will get you by. Book it in waiting and bring both keys to be sure .

·
Registered
206 Posts
Juke-of-earl said:
The recall is dependent on the numpty that was programing the ECM,s that day ,using the wrong file.They know what goes were and all the cars affected .

If you get tge esp light on warm the car up a little turn it of and re start it .it will get you by. Book it in waiting and bring both keys to be sure .
Thanks for the info, will do

·
Registered
443 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
Went on to the Qashqai CLub the other day - seems like its not only Jukes but micras and Qashqais too that are affected
Fee x
thr micra K12 recal is different its a relay in the ipdm
J10 QQ have the same engine as Juke so yes iv done 2 j10,s no F15 jukes though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts