Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any1 else have a really bloody annoying rattle from back of car,i think its either parcel shelf or box thingy under boot

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yes i have the same rattle!!
But i have many rattles :(
I think its the hard plastic cover in the boot that sits ontop the
tire well. It cant be the parcel shelf because thats just material and not solid in any way (i think)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Stick a tea towel in the boot, drive, move tea towel, drive.... find where it's rattling and then make a plan.Or take it to a dealer and complain... Only way I think.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
meaga-byte said:
Yes i have the same rattle!!

But i have many rattles :(

I think its the hard plastic cover in the boot that sits ontop the

tire well. It cant be the parcel shelf because thats just material and not solid in any way (i think)

he's off again with that lemon of a Juke

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
yes, yes i am hahaha:D

And how on earth is a tea towel going to help you find a rattle?
An example would be lovely lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sorry. Pad the area you supsect of rattling with the tea towel. Use it to isolate plastic from metal, plastic from plastic etc etc.Something we do a LOT in our old camper...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
ah okay! got ya now Clb, not a bad idea. might have to start trying that out.
but with all my rattles i would need enough tea towels to make my juke red. not that would be such sacrilege!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ermm im glad u guys all enjoyed my problem thx for the input

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was thinking of using glasing tape,its like that stick on draught proofing but stronger

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Gotta find the rattle first. Maybe try taking everything out the boot for a day to see if the rattle goes away? If not then maybe a loose cable under the rear seats. Saw it when messing about in the boot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Some things to check:*Rubber bumpers on the hatch might need to be extended a bit more.*Wire in the rear hatch (there is a plastic cover that you can remove) Sometimes the wire hits the metal tab. Might want to felt tape it.*Jack tools, tow hook might need to be padded.*Styrofoam in the trunk area might need the bottoms felt taped to avoid squeeks.*Heat shield tabs for muffler might not be inserted all the way.*Latch/lock when rear seats are up. Might need some felt tape.*License plate bolts might not be tightened all the way.
...These were issues in the US.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thx for all the suggestions am slowly workin my way through them

1 - 20 of 21 Posts