Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How sharp are your breaks?
It almost feels like there is no ABS or what ever is used to give sharper breaking?
It feels like I have to press the break harder than one would expect on a new technology car.
My old man has a ford galaxy that also has 4 disk breaks and if u hit the breaks to hard you end up
Going through the windscreen. Once or twice the thought "I might not stop in time" has run through my head.
I found the same thing with the test drive. Do nissan put something on the breaks to stop rust or maybe the tire polish stops the breaks from really grabbing the disk.
I did see a post about the break callipers being rather small.
Real performance engine but bicycle breaks lol

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I've found the brakes to be fine, but haven't had to anchor on yet, will had a test tomorrow and report back

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any one else found this? I have also noticed that the hand break has to be pulled up HARD in order to keep the car on a heavy inclined hill (very steep lol) So im going to take it back to the dealers and get them to tighten the hand break at the very least.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beltanedeath, can you run that by me again.
So just put the hand break on and then take it off again several times?
In quick succession, do i hold the lil button in and how hard to i pull it up ect? :D

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
meaga,
Hold the button in and pull the hand brake up as you would normally a couple of times. The self tightening mechanism should then tighten the hand brake. This should fix the problem. If not you might have a defective mechanism.

Lj2.Edited by: LazyJuke

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Lazy, when im doing this am i meant to feel the hand break tightening up? So the more i do it the lower the hand break can be pulled up? because if thats the case then mine might be faulty lol. When the hand break is applied the car still roles either back or forward about an inch before stopping.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
meaga,
You should feel the hand brake tighten the more you do it. The slight role that you are getting is not unusual. I think that that is just the brakes catching when you are on a slight incline, if you get what I mean.

Lj2.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers lazy i will give it another try now. Does the engine position matter?
So ignition on vs engine running?
I tried it while the car was running and it didnt seem to make a difference.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I always apply handbrake a couple of notches and then leave it in gear.
The fact you have to depress the clutch to start the Tekna, means it won't jump forward if you've forgotten it was in gear.

Lj

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lady Juke, you have to press the clutch in?
For mine its press the break in lol.
Lazy it had no effect at all. sat there pumping the hand break for a good 2-3 mins lol so i think mine might be defective :(
Will have to book it in for a look see sometime during the week.
Thanks for the info tho, :D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
seems that either clutch or break can be pressed in order for it to start :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Meaga-byte I am with you on the brakes thing. Its the first thing I said to the other half when I picked it up. Fora brand new car, the brakes somehow felt, I dunno, worn out. With the dig-t I have had to use the brakes quite sharply on a few occasions and also had that horrible feeling of "ITS NOT GONNA STOP!!
" Any new carsI have had in the past, the brakes were always so sharp. You only had to tap them and I would be through the windscreen.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey mynewjuke, the brakes are a but of a let down even though the disks are rather large. When i took the car back to have the hand break tightend the guy said it was working within correct specs but the breaks hadnt bedded in ( didnt know breaks needed this).
He then took it out for a quick run around to "bed in" the breaks and when he came back i did find them sharper. I still have the odd "oh dear im not going to stop" moment but saying that i have never had to press the breaks hard enough for the ABS to kick in. well the break pedal has never done that judering thing to prevent skidding.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have to agree that the brakes feel woefully underpowered

Having said that I have up-graded the brakes on both of my last two cars to Skyline R34 - 4 pot Brembo's, with 345mm discs, so that may account for some of it

·
Registered
115 Posts
Soft braking no. Just been out in the Juke after driving our S-Max all day and nearly stuck my head through the windscreen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts