Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that Range Rover are to challenge the Mini market with this all new smaller version of the Evoque next year. Reading the write up here, the Juke gets a mention of being one of its rivals. Obviously it will be more expensive thanthe top end Juke, but youcan't expect RR to produce anything below twenty grand. It looks nice though, and has the same sweeping roof line as the Juke, but I think I prefer the Jukes bulging wheelarches and meaner look. What do you think?
Since the launch of Nissan's Juke, it looks like other manufacturers are trying to get into the mini crossover market. You never know, BMW, Mercedes & Audi, could soon follow in the next few years. I think the age of the small family hatch is slowly coming to an end.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/259165/range_rovers_mini_rival.html

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Oh wow thats a stunning car! i love the look. It really does look like a slightly modified juke tho. If you took the juke and added the siver rear bumber thing, bigger wheels and lowered suspention BOOM u have a Rang Rover with more goodies and half the price haha :D
That RR is rather sexy tho

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
35K, the link said it would be less than 25K :(
Okay RR website says 28-38K starting. thats without the nice things that the Juke comes with lol.
Far out of my price range. I would need AWD just to see that price range!Edited by: meaga-byte

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
and they all seem to be Deisels as well. the only petrol one is the top of the range 240HP starting at 39K
They are having a laugh.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
wait til you start adding the extras that you will want I think by the time I price up my sub 30k Evoque with the extras it was close to £40k which is why I dont have an order for one can get 2 Jukes for that money I will wait a year or too and get one used or look at this new one when it hits the road

·
Registered
283 Posts
Drove one last week, and it is awesome, hubbie is getting one in September, has gone for a White 5 door Si4 Dynamic, they are great, drive is awesome and the 4x4 capabilities and park assist are amazing! Slightly bigger than the juke, but they are very very cool!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't get too excited deks, by the time Land Rover produce something like this, other manufacturers will bring out similar cars to compete in the small crossover market. Enjoy your Jukes for the next few years and see what the future holds. By the time our three years with the Juke is over, we might have another one, or see what is on offer. But whtever it is, I think I will be sticking with the crossover style vehicle. No more family hatches for me. Edited by: Geoff_Juke

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
ddfred said:
Drove one last week, and it is awesome, hubbie is getting one in September, has gone for a White 5 door Si4 Dynamic, they are great, drive is awesome and the 4x4 capabilities and park assist are amazing! Slightly bigger than the juke, but they are very very cool!
and how much is it..........

·
Registered
283 Posts
Uggghhhhhhuuummmm a shade under £45k (a few options on it) plus it's the top of range petrol one, going for tge panoramic roof, and like I say other things...he is getting rid of the Vogue to get it, but it is alot like the Juke, the driving position is very similar(slightly higher in the Evoque), and there really was no body roll in the one we drove, but it is nearly double the price of Hiro(who we love) and I think they will make a nice looking pair on the drive!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
ddfred said:
Uggghhhhhhuuummmm a shade under £45k (a few options on it) plus it's the top of range petrol one, going for tge panoramic roof, and like I say other things...he is getting rid of the Vogue to get it, but it is alot like the Juke, the driving position is very similar(slightly higher in the Evoque), and there really was no body roll in the one we drove, but it is nearly double the price of Hiro(who we love) and I think they will make a nice looking pair on the drive!
top of the the range xf jag sort of money then....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Juke AWD 0 miles on the clock anyone?? Lol nope after what will be an approx 7month wait I'm gonna hang in there...mine ain't too far away!

But when I found out the normal evoque starts at 28k & was due out sept/end of this year I was a bit gutted..I'd have perhaps kept my defender that bit longer!! But after 13yrs of having 2 landys I think I've done the right thing & a break from them will be good!! (fingers crossed I've done the right thing)

But seeing this new baby evoque...well wow...I'm going to have to do some serious thinking when the time comes & I've had my juke for a few years!!

No I'm glad LR are doing this, it's good for them & good for the British car Market & the economy!

I was due to test drive the evoque & had someone from LR call to book me a slot & go to a launch event..opted against it tho as I knew I'd fall in love with it!!

Looks like juke is setting a standard though...just hope Nissan keep working away at it & continue to improve the model...time will tell !!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Landydaz said:
Juke AWD 0 miles on the clock anyone?? Lol nope after what will be an approx 7month wait I'm gonna hang in there...mine ain't too far away!

But when I found out the normal evoque starts at 28k & was due out sept/end of this year I was a bit gutted..I'd have perhaps kept my defender that bit longer!! But after 13yrs of having 2 landys I think I've done the right thing & a break from them will be good!! (fingers crossed I've done the right thing)

But seeing this new baby evoque...well wow...I'm going to have to do some serious thinking when the time comes & I've had my juke for a few years!!

No I'm glad LR are doing this, it's good for them & good for the British car Market & the economy!

I was due to test drive the evoque & had someone from LR call to book me a slot & go to a launch event..opted against it tho as I knew I'd fall in love with it!!

Looks like juke is setting a standard though...just hope Nissan keep working away at it & continue to improve the model...time will tell !!
You have done the right thing, the Juke is awesome and now the LR dealers are quoting a wait time of around 8 months if ordering an Evoque now, if you had test driven it you would have been in a real pickle as they are very similar, but honestly they are holding a very big premium on a small car, still not quite as bad as the AM Cygnet though!
Plus you'll be getting the Juke, which started the revolution!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah juke was the starting point & the true original & well done to Nissan for that!!
Hope the evoque is here soon for you!! I'd love to see some pics of it! But I'm sure I'll be popping in to check 1 out over the coming months
Didnt realise hiro was awd, one of the few! ;)
I'm going to put a winter tyre on mine as being used to the defender I never had any issue in winter & I'm going to want extra assurance I can get out of the track where i live ok! Hope you enjoying yours sounds like you are!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey Landy, yep after having RR Vogue & Sport needed a car that was 4x4(for the week of snow and back lanes) but was small so the Juke is perfect....am very jealous of your Defender, that will be next car, test drove one before getting the Juke, but the boys found it hard getting in and out of it (they are only 3 & 5), so a few more years!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Its more of a way of life the defender! They are great & still turn my head! Juke appealed so much as it's new & different & cheaper to buy & run!! But with all the extras I want on jukey I've bumped the price up to the start price of a defender roughly! Was very keen to have a 2nd hand rr sport but 1 approx 5yr old didn't want to pay the high tax the new 1s are hit with!!
I'll be an lr fan forever I think & certainly be looking out for the replacement defender that's been muted for many years!! It's an institution & an ionic British symbol I think a landy...I'm sure not many cars nowadays can say that!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Read in this weeks Autoexpress than Land Rover will be showing the Defender replacemnt at next months Franfurt motor Show, first images wil be released next week, although it doesn't say when it will be on sale.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yup fingers crossed not too much tinkering just subtle updating please!! I just hope there's no bling led lights on it etc!!
& certainly not lashings of chrome lol...keep that for other makes & models
I guess the murano is due an update?? Sorry being new to Nissan I don't know much about them...have often glanced them & thought I wouldnt mind a drive in them etc

1 - 20 of 41 Posts