Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a Juke 1.2 Acenta Premium 2015/65 reg owned just over a year now and just lately the radio as started rebooting itself while driving. It goes off comes up with the Nissan sign on the screen and restarts again it is random when this happens. Also the radio station can keep cutting out plus the sat nav. Someone told me there is a update for this is this true.
Can anyone help

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is a fault that needs an software update, nissan customer service know about it, you need to book it in to a dealership. Don't let them talk you into having a diagnostic test done on it. If they get funny about it contact nissan customer service, and they should tell your dealership they have to do it. I had the same problem, mine is now ok after the software update.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can also do this update yourself if you're brave enough. Takes around 55 mins. Upgraded my 65 Juke to the latest software D605 from D302. No issues since the upgrade.
You can also do this update yourself if you're brave enough. Takes around 55 mins. Upgraded my 65 Juke to the latest software D605 from D302. No issues since the upgrade.
Hi nylonleisurepants how did you do this update, I fancy having a go myself

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Paul
Thanks for the reply. You can find all the details here:

It is fairly straightforward. Download the software from the link on the YouTube video but ensure your car is running for the duraiton of the upgrade as it can brick your system if it is interrupted. Took about 55 minutes on my 2015 1.2 Dig-T.

Unzipped two files from the link on a FAT32 16GB memory stick. Went into the hidden menu on the stereo (hold down settings button, half turn anticlockwise, half turn clockwise, half turn anticlockwise). Updated from there with the USB in the USB port.

There are clear instructions (proper Nissan ones). It is pretty nervy, but glad I did it. Ten days on and not had any sound drops or unit restarts. It's important to follow the instructions to the letter though as I said and keep that engine running throughout.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Paul
Thanks for the reply. You can find all the details here:

It is fairly straightforward. Download the software from the link on the YouTube video but ensure your car is running for the duraiton of the upgrade as it can brick your system if it is interrupted. Took about 55 minutes on my 2015 1.2 Dig-T.

Unzipped two files from the link on a FAT32 16GB memory stick. Went into the hidden menu on the stereo (hold down settings button, half turn anticlockwise, half turn clockwise, half turn anticlockwise). Updated from there with the USB in the USB port.

There are clear instructions (proper Nissan ones). It is pretty nervy, but glad I did it. Ten days on and not had any sound drops or unit restarts. It's important to follow the instructions to the letter though as I said and keep that engine running throughout.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info Nylonleisurepants. I will give it a try

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is a fault that needs an software update, nissan customer service know about it, you need to book it in to a dealership. Don't let them talk you into having a diagnostic test done on it. If they get funny about it contact nissan customer service, and they should tell your dealership they have to do it. I had the same problem, mine is now ok after the software update.
Does anyone know the rough cost for the software update please. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know the rough cost for the software update please. Thanks
Maggs

In theory it should be free, but depends on your local main dealer. Mine said they reserved the right to charge of £130.

Would be worth it as it was a nightmare not being able to listen to anything. Mine has been perfect since the update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem and my dealer did the software update without any hassle, and this sorted everything. This was in February of this year. Now (July), both driver's side speakers sound as if they've blown. As of yesterday, 2 of the previous faults have returned - had to repair my phone, and when playing my Spotify play list, although all tracks play, the display only show titles of some on a very random basis.
My question is does this sound as if it's due to a resurgence of the software problem and so down to Nissan, or is it something else?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts