Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Whatever happened with the "adding mesh to cover the holes in the bumper" plan?

I was expecting more updates, as I hope to do mine soon.

Im trying to find out, from anyone who did it - did you have to remove the entire bumper, or can you remove the actual "3 holes" area of the bumper for modification?

I know there was a thread on this, but it seems to have died a death, so maybe we should all revisit it before we get damaged rads??

Andy

·
Registered
659 Posts
Has anyone had a damaged rad? I know people have speculated about this but surely they can't design a car which just trashes itself after a few miles?

·
Registered
272 Posts
i too was wondering about this, simmo.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, my car has done less than 2000 mls since September -

No serious damage, but several of the little "fins" have been bent/broken, I assume by stones.

Andy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Andy

gazawebb posted on this topic on 14th Dec and suggested he was fine tuning some mesh covers he reckoned he would be able to sell for about £20. Like you say though the topic hasdied a death since then. ARE YOU OUT THERE GARY?

·
Registered
130 Posts
jayannlay said:
Has anyone had a damaged rad? I know people have speculated about this but surely they can't design a car which just trashes itself after a few miles?
I have 4 or 5 large (Pea sized) stones lodged in the radiator "weave" (folds between the main veins) I'm sure it can take some serious hits without rupturing the main fluid flow areas.
You can put your finger through these folds which act as heat sinks, you have to rupture the large thicker ribs in between to cause a leak / heat dispersal issue.
Looking at the Jukes air flow from the lower front end, it seems fairly unlikely that you will encounter FOD (foreign object damage), unless you hit it before you have hit it!!!!!!!! IE: What debris is on the road will not be lifted until your air flow distrupts it by driving over it, then it's too late....you have already passed it!

hope this makes sense!!

Duncs

·
Registered
443 Posts
You guys are aware that the first rad is the a/c condenser not the engine coolant rad?
The engine coolant one is the part behind that.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
snowysdad said:
jayannlay said:
Looking at the Jukes air flow from the lower front end, it seems fairly unlikely that you will encounter FOD (foreign object damage), unless you hit it before you have hit it!!!!!!!!

Duncs
Duncs - are you ex-RAF????

I did 23yrs and havent heard much use of "FOD" outside of the RAF!!!

Andy

·
Registered
202 Posts
When I was a young airman we used to do 'FOD Plods'. Oh the days...
Back on subject though, I have seen some nice red mesh which I think I could look good. It's about £17 for a metre length.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Let's see the pix then, please. When someone actually does this.

If it's cosmetically appealing and CHEAP and EASY then I may do it. Otherwise ....no.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts