Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We seem to be having a problem with tree sap on the car. Having spent a couple of hours (positively amateurish compared to rocks) on Monday cleaning the car, I get out of work Tuesday night to notice it's covered in blobs of tree sap. It was parked near not under trees.
Anyone else having issues?
Also, how damaging is this going to be? What products should I be using to protect the car? It was diamondbrited prior to delivery. I'm hoping you'll have expert knowledge to help.
So annoyed I want to clean it again before work!!!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Hello YorkshireBlonde tree sap can be nasty if not removed quickly and as you say very annoying
. If you have any trouble removing clay is very good. I personally wouldn't rely on the diamondbrite, as you don't know how well it has been applied. When you next wash it, finish with a wax or a sealant.Halfords have 3 for 2 on car cleaning products at the mo. You get get yourself some Autoglym Super Resin Polish (which is a cleaner/filler/sealant an excellent Product for your £) and some Autoglym Extra Glass Protection (a sealant which with the SRP has awesome durability) This combo will give you the protection against the tree and all the other fallout out cars are exposed to.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rocks, much appreciated for you reply. I thought you would have the expertise!
I will get the products you recommend. Anything else in the 3 for 2 bit?
I presume it's ok to out on top of the diamondbrite. Thankfully the care salesman made sure it was applied properly as he used to work for diamondbrite!
I'll try to at least wash tonight. Unfortunately it was dark when I got home last night and 6 in the morning is too early to get the wash bucket out for me!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Cut the tree down! at best.
orGetyourselfa cover for the car , at least then its protected. Or youwillend up having to clean it every other day.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Go for the Autoglym Wheel Cleaner for your 3 for 2. They are all roughly the same price, so it's a good buy.The SRP will be fine on top of the diamondbrite, then the extra gloss on top of that, make sure you put the EGP on very thinly.
Car covers are fine for a clean car but on top of a fall that already has dirt on will cause scratching. Japanese paint is very soft and scratches easily.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks rocks, off to halfords then.........
Not sure work will let me cut down the trees.
I'll have to find somewhere else to park. Shame really it's one of the only places where it's single file line parking so no car doors to bang into mine!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
That's no where near big enough LJ, you know what boys with toys are like, the bigger the better, they think anyway

X

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I so agree LJ and Kats. Boys do like to play with their big toys. Not sure what they could be compensating for?
I like the idea of the camouflage cover though.
Still not going to be able to cut the trees down though....
Going to have to start polishing instead.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Yorkshireblonde said:
I so agree LJ and Kats. Boys do like to play with their big toys. Not sure what they could be compensating for?
I like the idea of the camouflage cover though.
Still not going to be able to cut the trees down though....
Going to have to start polishing instead.

How long will it take to polish all the tree's

Agree with Kats about your sig

Lj Edited by: Lady juke

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Lets me know what you think of the results :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts